Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law. We provide expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Our main areas of expertise include the environment, climate change and energy, justice and fundamental rights, home affairs, as well as transport, financial services, employment and social affairs and others. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment. Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are seeking to reinforce our team with an individual experienced in carrying out regulatory impact assessments and evaluation of legislation and policy for the EU institutions. Strong analytical and writing skills are important, along with knowledge of the EU institutions and the Better Regulation agenda.
Key tasks will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Contribute to policy research and analysis projects from their inception to their completion;
- Designing and applying high-quality approaches to research and data collection activities, including stakeholder consultation;
- Carrying out quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting;
- Drafting analytical reports on a range of policy topics;
- Support for business development by providing input to project proposals.
- Knowledge of the EU’s institutional architecture and policy-making processes; experience with the European Commission’s impact assessment and evaluation approaches and Better Regulation toolbox;
- Active interest and knowledge of EU policies in one or more of the following policy areas: justice, fundamental rights, home affairs, environment. Candidates should be willing to work flexibly across different policy areas;
- Experience working for a consultancy on evaluation and impact assessments for the EU institutions a definite asset;
- A Master’s degree or higher in economics, law, political science, or a closely related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in policy analysis, monitoring or evaluation;
- Strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative techniques (experience with Excel, SPSS, STATA, NVIVO and other tools);
- Ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- Outstanding spoken and written English, including drafting skills;
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Regular company barbeques, training lunches, weekly yoga classes; and
- Biennial company weekend retreats (these last 2 to resume when we return to normal working conditions).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org