Global Health Advocates France (www.ghadvocates.eu) is looking for an experienced EU Advocacy & Policy Officer to support the EU team in implementing our strategic plan at EU level, including the coordination and consolidation of GHA led coalitions and networks.
Global Health Advocates (GHA) was set up in 2001 on the need for an international advocacy and communication initiative focused on AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, and other diseases of poverty. GHA headquarters are in Paris.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Advocacy, the EU Advocacy & Policy Officer will implement activities on the following issues:
- The fight against poverty-related diseases (ending the epidemics of HIV, TB, Malaria) and long-term health systems strengthening
- EU Financing for health and development
- Monitoring and engaging with the EU’s COVID response in the global context
- Child health, with a focus on nutrition and immunisation
The EU policy & Advocacy Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead the coordination of GHA-led platforms and civil society coalitions on global health
- Build and maintain contacts with the European Parliament, the European Commission and relevant representatives from Member State Permanent Representations in Brussels
- Develop messages on key policy areas and disseminate those messages to target policy-makers
- Plan advocacy, funding-raising or visibility events, for a range of subjects and targets, both in Brussels and abroad
- Develop and maintain a network of policy makers, NGOs, umbrella groups, and academics working in the global health field
- Lead the structuring of messages for multiple communications streams, including twitter and blog articles
- Represent GHA at events and conferences
- Draft and support the development of compelling advocacy products (policy briefs, presentations, speaking notes, web content etc.) with a particular focus on European health development policy
- Conduct in-depth policy analysis and research projects, including study missions/visits and consolidate evidence into comprehensive reports
- Evaluate relevant legislative files and provide both political and technical recommendations for promoting GHA’s objectives
- Monthly Reporting
- Occasional support (GHA’s Office administration in Brussels)
- Any other task within the framework of GHA’s work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in public health, political science, social science, communication, international relations, or something similar
- Three years experience working in public policy advocacy projects/campaigns (ideally multi-country), in conjunction with civil society
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good strategic thinking, conceptual agility and analytical skills, including the proven ability to map current trends and issues and contributes to new initiatives
- High level strategic thinking, conceptual agility and analytical skills, including the proven ability to map current trends and issues and contribute to new initiatives
- Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders with competing agendas and work both independently and as part of a team
- Force of proposal to engage in strategic activities and innovate
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, including policy-cycles and entry points
- Understanding of advocacy techniques and strategies
- Knowledge of global health and development issues
- Strong interest and motivation to work on poverty related issues
- Knowledge of French
- Field experience
LOCATION: This position is full-time and Brussels-based with occasional travel in Europe and worldwide. Position may start as remote work, depending on COVID-19 restrictions, but is subject to being in-person, in Brussels, when the situation allows.
TERM: full-time position, permanent contract.
SALARY: 3100 EUR to 3300 monthly gross salary depending on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter (in one single doc) to [email protected] with ‘EU Advocacy Officer application’ as the subject of your email before January 17th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org