Reporting to the Conference Services Manager, the Events Coordinator will coordinate internal and external business-related functions such as conferences, meetings and events in RAND offices.
The Events Coordinator will work extensively in the EMS space reservation system, and with clients, caterers, AV tech, and others to support high level meetings and events.
- Coordinate all aspects of on-site and off-site events, meetings, conferences and events including but not limited to communication, catering, space requirements and staffing facilities support.
- Oversees EMS, RAND’s space reservations systems, and trains staff and service providers on its use.
- Meets and provides information and guidance to clients regarding Conference Services, and to assess event and meeting planning needs.
- Assists with the development and administration of each event’s budget and ensures projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Works with Audiovisual techs on complex meeting planning, defining, budget, staff assignments and final execution.
- Leads coordination of in-house personnel including AV, Security and Facilities departments and outside vendors and catering services to ensure successful events.
- Orders, delivers and/or serves food and beverage for meetings and events.
- Tracks and compiles invoices each month and submits accurate accounting details for reconciliation, processing and payment.
Stays abreast of conference, meeting and event trends, techniques and technologies, evaluates appropriateness for RAND and RAND’s institutional priorities
- Employs industry standards and best practices.
- Assists with selection of outside venues and vendors that adhere to RAND’s quality standards and negotiates contracts for on-site and off-site events.
- Direct multiple service contractors for small and large scale events.
- Communications clearly and often with Conference Services Manager on all aspects of personnel, procedures, purchasing, strategy and other departmental concerns.
- Manages time responsibly, based on department priorities, organizational needs and event schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma is required.
BS/BA degree preferred.
At least three years relevant experience required.
At least six years relevant experience preferred.
- General PC computer skills
- Experience with EMS application software for managing meeting services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player and self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion as appropriate
- Knowledge of industry practices and ability to develop new techniques and standards
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time off-site
- Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. government security clearance
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org