The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
Its External Relations (ER) department was created in early 2020 and is comprised of three complementary functional areas: Private Fundraising, Communications and Advocacy – functions that work together to enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy, and brand awareness. Supporting this endeavor, and an integral part of ER, is the Global Partnerships and Philanthropic Services (GPPS) Unit. GPPS consists of functional specialists across a variety of high-value fundraising functions providing all elements of cultivation, support and stewardship to high value donors, partners, and supporters.
The IRC has an exciting opportunity to join the Funding Proposition & Impact Services team within GPPS! This team will develop funding and support propositions and impact reports to strengthen the high-value teams and to improve IRC's global fundraising and partnerships efforts. Together with other high-value fundraising teams, we collaborate to deliver high quality proposals, reporting and stewardship engagements for partners that support the organization through financial and non-financial means.
This new Officer will contribute to overall growth within the private-sector portfolio of our Foundation & Trusts team. This position manages medium to large-sized impact services projects, focusing on streamlining the proposal process and product, including ensuring each proposal is responsive to solicitation/donor guidance, coordinating across team members to keep collaborators informed on key issues, and ensuring all formal reviews and approvals are completed ahead of submission. The Officer supervises the scope of work for initiatives and works across matrixed high-value teams and external partners to drive the production delivery of assets. As a key project lead, this role proactively identifies issues and removes roadblocks.
This role is an integral part of GPPS and reports into the Senior Officer, Global Funding & Impact Services.
Project Management (70%)
- Fields, evaluates, and quickly responds to high-value project requests by defining project resource requirements and negotiating assignments with functional managers;
- Ensures project feasibility and manages changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Develops and maintains detailed project plans for each high value project that outlines all proposal elements, assigns responsibilities for team members, and provides timelines for deliverables;
- Ensures that all stakeholders are updated on the work plan throughout the assignment;
- Supervises the overall proposal process against objectives and timelines, including working with team members to update their relevant portions of the work plan;
- Oversees the budgeting processes within the IRC and against partner expectations to ensure timeliness, consistency and responsiveness. Facilitate budget reviews before submission;
- Maintains an up-to-date record of Trust & Foundations reporting projects to inform effective and timely delivery of relevant updates, progress and insight to the relevant business teams, collaborating with regional Support Managers;
Internal Communication (20%)
- Facilitates internal communication, including keeping internal and external partners informed with respect to process to facilitate timely decision-making on key issues; ensure all internal reviews and approvals are completed prior to submission;
- Contributes to weekly reporting out of team progress, communicating completed and ongoing project status and seeking opportunities for teamwork across Program Services;
- Supports in a surge capacity during critical periods, particularly at the onset of sudden emergencies, to write or copyedit fundraising materials, particularly assets such as concept notes, two-pagers or proposals.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Officer, Global Funding & Impact Services.
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Broader GPPS and high-value teams
- Approximately 3-6 years related non-profit, grants, or equivalent; experience working on awards issued by major humanitarian donors (e.g. BHA, BPRM, UN, ECHO, FCDO) a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and analytical thinking; the ability to effectively collaborate closely with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment. You are both a strong teammate and an independent performer in a fast-paced environment. You have strong administrative skills, and the solid ability to prioritize projects with attention to detail.
- Experience working with Trust & Foundations partners is desirable;
- Experience working with project management and analysis tools/software's, such as MS Excel, Asana or Salesforce;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Education, Public Health, Public Policy, International Affairs, Social Work, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org