Launched in 2016, Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. The organisation advocates on behalf of its members to shape EU aviation policy to the benefit of consumers, ensuring a continued safe and competitive air transport market. Before COVID-19, A4E members accounted for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s journeys, carrying more than 720 million passengers per year and operating more than 3,000 aircraft. Members with air cargo and mail activities transported more than 5 million tons of goods each year to more than 360 destinations either by freighters or passenger aircraft. Our members include Aegean, airBaltic, Air France-KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, Smartwings, TAP Air Portugal, TUI and Volotea.
You can learn more about A4E on our website and follow us on Twitter @A4Europe.
- Assist A4E’s Policy Directors in planning and implementing A4E campaigns
- Help to prepare, participate and assist in association meetings and events
- Support A4E initiatives assessing the impact of the European airline industry on the economy, mobility and the environment
- Conduct background research and prepare analysis on relevant dossiers
- Monitor political and policy developments in Brussels affecting the transport sector
- An academic background in European affairs/ international relations, economics or political science (or similar), and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree programme
- Knowledge of the EU, its processes and policies
- A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
- Solid communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
- Verbal & written fluency in English, and knowledge of at least one other European language (French or German considered a plus)
- The ability to multi-task, perform under tight deadlines, adapt to changing demands, and a hands-on mentality
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Some relevant experience in event management (considered a plus)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface between industry and politics
- Flexible Brussels-based teleworking policy
- Insights into the aviation world and in particular the airline business
- A challenging, high-profile work experience in a stimulating and multicultural environment
- A 6-month paid traineeship that provides a good platform for embarking on a career in EU affairs
If you believe you fit this description, please send your CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this position (max.1 page) to [email protected].
Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Traineeship Spring 2022”.
Please indicate in your email if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled. Also note that we will not be able to consider applications received after the deadline.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org