The Digital Trust & Safety Partnership, a 501(c)(6) organization committed to developing and iterating on industry best practices for trust & safety in the use of digital services, seeks a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join our team.
DTSP seeks an experienced Outreach and Engagement manager to develop, coordinate, and implement initiatives that engage external audiences–including governments and civil society–in the work of the partnership, and markets our work to potential member companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- develop and manage DTSP’s international external engagement strategy;
support the development of and staff a Marketing Committee, consisting of member representatives, for discussion of activities to promote DTSP’s mission in the industry and with external audiences;
- manage relationships with external stakeholders across industry, government, and civil society;
- organize and execute events, in collaboration with DTSP members and external groups, to promote DTSP’s mission and educate stakeholders regarding industry efforts on trust & safety;
- manage outreach activities to promote DTSP across the technology sector;
- recruit diverse new members internationally.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in the technology or tech policy space, such as working for or with companies, industry organizations, governments, or standard setting organizations;
- experience engaging senior industry leadership, government officials, civil society and academia in domestic and international fora;
- strong grasp of outreach and external engagement strategy and tactics, providing leadership and long-term thinking as well as an ability to directly implement activities at a granular level;
- strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with experts across multiple disciplines and backgrounds;
- strong project management skills (e.g. prioritization, organization, planning, time management, stakeholder management, facilitation, problem solving, and decision-making);
- ability to work collaboratively with a small and geographically distributed team, as well as a wider network of professionals from member companies;
- experience supporting outreach and marketing in the technology sector, or with other industry or multi-stakeholder membership or standard setting organizations is highly desired;
- experience with trust and safety policy and operations, online safety issues, and/or digital rights is highly desired;
- fluency in English, with proficiency in other languages desired.
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position on an initial 12-month contract, with the possibility of renewal dependent on performance and internal factors.
We are open to receiving applications for this remote contract position globally, with a preference for locations with working hours in times zones UTC+1 (Central European Time) to UTC-5 (Eastern Time)..
Send resume, cover letter, and relevant work product to [email protected].
DTSP is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.