DevWorks International (DevWorks) is seeking a Business Development Associate to support its business development objectives by leading and supporting proposal management, partnership development, opportunity tracking, and other tasks. This exciting position will learn how to access funding sources to generate revenue and increase visibility and will develop a solid understanding of DevWorks’ technical focus areas. The position is a great entry-level opportunity for someone interested in building a career in international development. The Business Development Associate will report to the Director of Business Development.
DevWorks International, formerly known as SNV USA, was founded in 2011. DevWorks brings together a core team of solutions-oriented development professionals with expertise across technical areas and geographies. Our approach is grounded in private sector engagement and improved service delivery, while building local capacity through ongoing partnerships and relationships. We deliver market-based solutions across five areas: agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), youth, governance, and natural resource management.
Remote, full-time position
Salary Range: $45,000-$57,000
Roles and responsibilities
- Stay abreast of US government funding trends and strategic developments related to DevWorks’ mission, ensuring that the team is informed of changes in trends and initiatives that might impact the organization.
- Monitor donor solicitation announcements and disseminate relevant opportunities to DevWorks’ management team.
- Serve as Proposal Coordinator on selected proposals.
- As Proposal Coordinator, support Proposal Manager in areas including:
- Tracking of calendar and deliverables schedules;
- Recruitment for key personnel;
- Reviewing inputs for responsiveness to donor requirements;
- Drafting or editing sections of proposals such as the management plan, capability and staffing sections, and other areas as appropriate;
- Updating and assembling support materials (e.g., representations and certifications, CVs, bios, past performance references); and
- Supporting production and submission, including formatting and compliance review.
- Maintain DevWorks opportunity tracking system and update Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) tool with current US Government-funded leads and opportunities.
- Fluency in spoken and written French. Experience in Francophone Africa or other French-speaking regions highly desired.
- Exceptional editing/proofreading skills are required to ensure the production of clear, concise, responsive, and grammatically correct documents.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage complex tasks.
- Flexibility and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Highly organized, dependable, and able to prioritize multiple demands to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be available for international travel.
- Strong interest in international development. Experience living or working in a developing country desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can plan, prioritize and organize individual and group activities and processes.
- Team-focused - must enjoy working as part of an energetic group of highly engaged individuals.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
DevWorks International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DevWorks encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
Please send your CV and cover letter with “Business Development Associate” in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org