POLITICO is seeking an organized and people-savvy Newsroom Coordinator to support our Editor-in-Chief. This role provides a high level of support to the EIC while ensuring smooth running of the wider newsroom.
If you enjoy the challenge of managing a busy calendar, you thrive on prioritizing high level stakeholder meetings and you always keep an eye on the news, we’re looking for you.
What You’ll Do
- Calendar management: Coordinate and prioritize both internal and external meetings, including with high level stakeholders;
- Accreditation: Coordinate yearly, as well as event-specific (summits/conferences), accreditation letters and ensure that all new hires are duly accredited in multiple jurisdictions;
- Travel booking: Proactively book travel for the Editor-in-Chief and newsroom, including anticipating travel needs for conferences/summits/events;
- Expenses: Follow up on newsroom expense budgets; managing set-up, compliance and potential exceptions ahead of EIC signature;
- General organization: Keep track of all pending issues (actionable items, contacts, reviews, direct reports, ad hoc requests...);
- Newsroom operations:
- Fielding and prioritizing newsroom requests;
- Liaising with office management on:
- Media subscriptions;
- IT issues;
- Catering for meetings.
- Coordinating with international offices for meetings and IT platform access;
- Assist with planning of newsletter editing as needed;
- Assist the brand management team with media bookings as needed;
- Coordinate the onboarding of new joiners together with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience;
- 2 years or more in an Executive Assistant, project management or similar role;
- Strong organizational skills, working accurately and with attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle multiple moving parts with varying degrees of priority;
- Awareness of current affairs, enthusiastic about digital journalism and the political sphere;
- Languages – minimum of English and French fluency, written and spoken; other European languages a plus;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Flexibility and patience;
- Stress resistance and positive attitude;
- Hold the right to work in the EU.
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
Energized by an entrepreneurial and international spirit, employees at POLITICO share the values of courage, excellence, and respect. Our journalists are known for their scoops, critical analysis, and deep-dive articles, while our corporate and sales teams have built these into a thriving business.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org