RUSI Europe is looking for an experienced and versatile communications and events officer to manage all communications and events from the office in Brussels. The successful candidate will be an outstanding and enthusiastic person capable of providing communications and administrative support across our projects. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and have the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads to meet time-critical delivery. Proactivity, innovation and drive are critical. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with a good eye for detail, be able to maintain and enhance project and programme visibility with our internal and external partners and stakeholders.
You will be part of a small, friendly, and international team of experts working on EU funded projects on global security issues such as defence, piracy, terrorism, extremism, and organised and financial crime. As a new member of our team, you will receive all the support and help you need to integrate into the organisation and be effective in your position.
- In collaboration with RUSI Europe’s Executive Director and the Board of Directors update RUSI Europe’s communications strategy;
- Working with the Team Leaders and Project Managers to enable all to publish content on the RUSI Europe website and social media platforms;
- Promote RUSI Europe’s expertise, events and publications through the appropriate channels and to the relevant public;
- Manage and maintain website, building an innovative platform for engaging other researchers, the policy community and the general public;
- Manage and update RUSI Europe’s social media channels and moderate the social media feed;
- Produce regular reports on the performance of the website and social media channels.
- Coordinate a schedule of events to run throughout the year with internal teams as well as with external parties (partner organisations, clients, the public);
- Plan and deliver RUSI Europe events both onsite and at outside venues, through research, site bookings, logistics, entertainment, catering requirements, coordinate speakers, and ensure media coverage;
- Assist in setting annual income targets for events, work to deliver on these and monitor expenditure accordingly;
- Research event opportunities and collaborate with teams on event innovation (online, in-person, and hybrid);
- Promote events internally and externally, through the website and social media channels.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive. The post holder will be required to undertake such duties that may reasonably be expected within the scope and grade of the role.
- Educated to degree level in communications, journalism, digital design, international relations or a related field, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent command of English language, written and oral and the ability to tailor messages for specific audiences and through various channels;
- Relevant professional experience in the areas of communications, events, and research;
- Solid command of website management tools, with the ability to update site without external support or training;
- Substantive experience in managing Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, or Twitter accounts;
- Rounded understanding of international relations themes, and experience with conveying research findings to a broader audience;
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases;
- Demonstrable experience of planning and coordinating a range of event types;
- Trustworthy and reliable. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise own workload and work on own initiative across multiple projects;
- Experienced at building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including engaging with and facilitating access to very senior officials;
- Nuanced understanding of how to engage various stakeholders, including very senior officials.
- Knowledge of general EU procedures, policies, and relations between institutions;
- Knowledge of all or some of the security and defence issues covered by RUSI Europe;
- Working knowledge of other languages, in addition to English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org