The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is seeking a Chief of Party (CoP) to successfully and effectively lead the implementation of an 18-month extension to its current USAID-funded program in Niger entitled “Sahel Human Voice in Governance” (SHIGA). Since 2019, the goal of SHIGA has been for civil society to effectively engage the government while key government institutions are more effective in their mandate and responsive to citizen needs. The objectives are:
The extension includes a new and exciting Women, Peace and Security (WPS) component, focused on increasing the contribution of women in peace, security and governance decision-making processes, and in their household’s economy and community’s recovery and resilience to conflict and extremism. The WPS component also includes work to help public institutions (including defense and security forces) more transparent and accountable in planning and providing gender-responsive citizen services.
SHIGA activities are expected to take place in Niamey, Diffa, Maradi, Tillaberi and Zinder. The CoP will be based in Niamey, Niger.
Duties and Responsibilities: The CoP will provide overall leadership and management of the SHIGA program and team, to achieve all program results in the most cost-effective manner possible. The CoP will bear overall responsibility for overseeing the technical, operational and administrative aspects of the SHIGA program’s performance, maintaining high standards of quality for all deliverables, and providing direction and supervision of the work of other staff and local subgrantees. The CoP will establish and maintain professional partnerships with local counterparts and relevant stakeholders, and represent FSVC with USAID, other USAID implementing partners operating in Niger, and local public and private sector institutions and organizations. The CoP will be responsible for the preparation of all reports to USAID, including quarterly financial and performance reports.
· Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g., international development, political science);
· At least 8 years of management experience as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and/or leader of a major component, on awards funded by USAID or other international donor agencies;
· Significant experience providing strategic technical leadership for activities focused on improving governance, including building the capacity of civil society and government institutions;
· Demonstrated experience in supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of public policy;
· Experience managing relationships with high-level partner government institutions;
· Professional experience working in complex environments, preferably in Niger or West Africa;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally to Nigerien counterparts, USAID representatives, immediate subordinates and home office staff and management;
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills, and superb attention to detail;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
· Professional proficiency in spoken and written French; and
· Knowledge of USAID’s operational policies and procedures.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Leadership, team building and organizational management skills;
· Ability to routinely and effectively multi-task;
· Ability to be proactive in assessing situations and making timely executive decisions;
· Attention to detail while empowering senior staff, including through appropriate degrees of delegation; and
· Ability to manage adaptively in light of new knowledge and/or changing circumstances.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and please include “Chief of Party - Niger” in the subject line. Submission Deadline: May 31, 2022. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org