Economist Impact combines the rigour of a think-tank with the creativity of a media brand to engage a globally influential audience. We believe that evidence-based insights can open debate, broaden perspectives and catalyse progress.
Along with framework design, benchmarking, economic and social impact analysis, forecasting and scenario modelling, we bring creative storytelling, events expertise, design-thinking solutions and market-leading media products, making Economist Impact uniquely positioned to deliver measurable outcomes.
Economist Impact’s Policy & Insights team specialises in delivering research and engagement programmes that use evidence and data to drive change on the critical economic and public policy issues facing our world. Our clients include government bodies, international organisations and corporates, and we provide evidence, insights and advice to shape their policies and programmes.
Economist Impact’s Policy & Insights team in EMEA is looking for a London-based Analyst to work within an internationally-focused and diverse team. The successful candidate will support our consulting and research projects with strong public policy and thought leadership components.
Our four core thematic practice areas include (1) Health, (2) Globalisation, Trade & Finance, (3) Sustainability, Climate Change & Natural Resources, and (4) Technology and Society. We also deliver work on a wide range of issue areas aligned with sustainable development goals, including education, migration, future of work and international development. We are open to candidates that want to work across these themes, or specialise in one to two themes.
This role is initially for a Fixed Term Contract of 1-year, after which the intention is for the role to convert to a permanent contract.
How you will contribute:
- Prepare and deliver research inputs for client consulting and research projects, including literature reviews, interviews, benchmarking, data collection, interpretation, analysis and presentations
- Work with Project Managers to present interim project and final project deliverables to clients
- Work with colleagues around the world to prepare scoping documents and proposals for potential clients, helping to interpret their research requirements
- Support the Economist Impact Policy & Insights team's efforts to deliver excellent project results across policy analysis, scenario planning, political and economic analysis, and risk assessments.
- Research, understand and interpret regulations so as to support cross-country policy analysis.
- Develop methods and approaches for research that will help to scale up the Economist Impact Policy & Insights business and ensure consistent quality of output
- Work with senior staff and project managers to deliver projects to strict deadlines and within budget, ensuring achievement of agreed revenue and contribution targets for their own projects
- Maintain effective relationships with other parts of the Economist Group
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
The desirable skills for this role include:
- One to two years previous experience in a role related to policy or economic analysis and fulfilling client projects; ability to conduct literature reviews and other background research, organize and analyze data, and write up findings clearly and concisely
- Graduate/Post-Graduate in Social Sciences, Economics, Government Affairs, Public Policy or International Relations, or Statistics
- Knowledge: A strong understanding of macroeconomic and demographic concepts; strong numeracy and data analysis skills, and familiarity with legislative/regulatory concepts; interest and some familiarity with a range of public policy sectors, including development economics, sustainability, technology, finance, etc
- IT and Communications: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in additional languages highly desirable
- Personal attributes: Must have an excellent eye for detail; must be able to remain calm during periods of high workload; proactive, problem solver.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of basic public policy and development economics concepts, such as regulation, legislative issues and advocacy
- Strong data organization, analysis and interpretation skills
- An ability to distill research findings into clear, concise, engaging and jargon-free reports
- An ability to produce highly professional, interesting and attractive PPT slide decks for proposals and as client deliverables
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org