Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies.
In response to the Ukraine crisis, Americares is addressing health needs of individuals and families inside Ukraine, fleeing Ukraine and host communities. Americares programming focuses on delivering medicine and medical supplies, reinforcing health services and addressing mental health and psychosocial support of affected populations.
POSITION SUMMARY: Americares is seeking a dynamic, creative communications professional fluent in English and Polish or English and Ukrainian to produce engaging written and visual content documenting Americares response to the Ukraine crisis. This position will be the focal point for all external communications for the project, including story gathering, media interviews, donor reports and photography/videography documenting Americares response to the crisis. This is a full-time, 12-month contract position based in Krakow reporting to the Ukraine Crisis Response Team Lead.
The Marketing and Communications Department is responsible for Americares global messaging, branding and visual identity; developing compelling written and visual content; executing successful public relations campaigns; and supporting the Development team’s communications with key constituents. The Emergency Programs team responds to more than 30 natural disasters and humanitarian crises worldwide each year and establishes long-term recovery programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write donor reports, success stories, press releases, website content and newsletter articles, social media content, fact sheets and other collateral as needed;
- Manage media outreach, including building media lists, hosting media visits, responding to press inquiries on deadline and scheduling interviews for key spokespeople;
- Contribute to monthly media coverage reports;
- Contribute to visual content, including basic photography and video skills;
- Conduct site visits with partner organizations to report on the impact of programs Americares supports;
- Support Multimedia Director in hiring professional photographers/videographers as needed;
- Ensure all branding meets organizational guidelines;
- Coordinate information gathering with programs team to ensure accurate program representation;
- Review communication materials with team lead to ensure adherence to programmatic goals, donor requirements, local security policy and strategic goals;
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading and oral communications skills in both English and Polish or English and Ukrainian;
- A minimum of five years of experience in external communications, public relations, content development and/or media relations;
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field;
- Experience working for an international NGO or nonprofit organization in a development or communications role required;
- Experience working with news media required;
- Strong relationships with local and international media outlets a plus;
- Familiarity with AP Style desired;
- Availability to travel, as needed, to program sites and partner organizations in the region;
- Strong interest in international relief and development and health;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and adherence to tight deadlines including time-sensitive media requests;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize tasks with little supervision and work independently;
- Strong PowerPoint design and presentation skills a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- And experience with SharePoint and Cision a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org