World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger. Our leadership and dedicated teams help to bolster an enduring American legacy of feeding families in need around the world.
World Food Program USA’s values, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, and Optimistic, provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships will report directly to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and will be responsible for managing a defined portfolio of World Food Program USA's multifaceted corporate partners as well as supporting partnership activities for key strategic corporate accounts. The Manager will develop specific engagement and partnership growth strategies with the goal of raising 6+ figure gifts as well as visibility and in-kind expertise to support the UN World Food Programme’s mission. In order to successfully steward and grow corporate partnerships, the Manager, Corporate Partnerships will maintain cross-functional collaboration with other internal WFP USA departments and engage directly with the UN World Food Programme stakeholders as the liaison between program offices and donors. Finally, the Manager is expected to have an interest in and a working understanding of the global humanitarian and development space as well as CSR.
- Design and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for multifaceted corporate partners with a goal of raising 6+ figure gifts to support annual departmental fundraising goal of $10M+
- Meet and exceed individual fundraising goals
- Draft, edit and submit materials to corporate partners including concept notes, proposals, presentations, reports as well as pitch decks to support partnership stewardship and growth
- Build and maintain strong relationships with corporate social impact and CSR professionals to maintain support for the mission of the UN World Food Programme
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive understanding of social impact goals and strategies for corporate accounts, including reviews of company ESG and annual CSR reports
- Manage employee engagement and matching gifts programs for current corporate partners, including the design and execution of innovative new opportunities to engage corporate employees in the mission of WFP USA
- Act as an effective liaison between WFP programmatic units and donors by facilitating the flow of information between program staff, Country Officers, and WFP USA Corporate Partnerships team
- Track designated donations, organizational and partner funding priorities, and prepare documents in support of partnership funding requests and reporting requirements
- Work inter-departmentally to create customized stewardship engagement plans for donors
- Ensure that partner information is correctly tracked in Salesforce database
- Undertake special tasks and projects as directed
- Relevant bachelor degree, and
- 4+ years of fundraising experience with a proven track record of maintaining and upgrading corporate partners.
- Passion for the mission of WFP USA, global food security and working towards a Zero Hunger World.
- Working knowledge of the global humanitarian and development space, including the functions of different United Nations agencies preferred.
- Knowledge of prospecting and researching for new business development opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, online, hard copy, in person and by phone.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders while balancing competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to assess and draft corporate proposals.
- Ability to work within a team.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org