At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a Principal International Trade Compliance Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals!
This position will offer a hybrid schedule, but candidates will need to be local and able to go on site to one of our offices in Falls Church, VA or McLean, VA or Dulles, VA or Baltimore, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s International Trade Compliance (ITC) organization, working to ensure compliance with export laws that enhance foreign policy and protect national security.
- Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with US (ITAR and EAR) and foreign regulations in the conduct of all business activities.
- Serves as ES International Trade Compliance (ITC) Digital Transformation Lead, coordinating automation of ITC related forms and processes.
- Assures that transactions comply with government regulations and internal procedures by conducting gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, export and import shipments, and reviews of NG ES-managed on-prem and cloud-based applications and services.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Supports law department in investigating and resolving matters.
- Participates in training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Maintains awareness of changing export control laws and regulations and provides analysis regarding applicability and impact.
- Generates and analyzes performance metrics for export and import processes.
- Develops and delivers presentations related to ES ITC efforts and initiatives for a variety of cross-sector forums.
- Exercises good judgement to seeks management support and guidance as needed, including collaborating on decisions that have the potential to be high visibility or impact.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience, or 4 years of relevant experience with a master's degree
- Ability to go on site to one of our offices in Falls Church, VA or McLean, VA or Dulles, VA or Baltimore, MD.
- U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and a Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate highly collaborative work style, success in resolving difficult situations and effective communication with all levels of stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with drafting and submitting export licenses and agreements, interpreting and providing guidance on US ITAR and EAR regulations for the licensing of commodities, technologies and defense services, including the use of U.S. Government systems D-Trade and SNAP-R
- Familiarity with ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions for export transactions
- Experience providing training to export licensing personnel and functional requesters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Possesses the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active secret clearance
- Master's degree or MBA
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org