Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Grants Manager will report to the Director, Agreements Office, and serve as the primary liaison between IRI program staff and IRI’s USG funders. The Grants Manager will develop and strengthen partnerships with multiple stakeholders within IRI, as well as USG funders. The Grants Manager is responsible for overall management of IRI’s portfolio projects, ensuring that IRI is in compliance with the terms of the award, meeting deadlines for deliverables and providing overall guidance on donor relations and correspondence from the funders. This position requires a strong knowledge of grants administration and compliance.
- Five to 7 years of project management experience with large and complex awards from governmental actors.
- Experience with government donors, including specific experience in grants management of USAID and DoS awards.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and team-management skills.
- Understanding of global democracy issues.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage the administration of USG awards, including coordinating with donors, program teams and functional support teams to ensure full compliance with the terms of assigned awards.
- Communicates with the funder on grants-related issues. All communication must be in line with the award terms and conditions and IRI internal policies.
- Ensures compliance with award terms and conditions and funder regulations, as well as IRI internal policies and procedures through kick-off meetings and regular check-ins with program teams.
- Coordinates deadlines and submissions for quarterly reports and other deliverables.
- Provides reminders to program teams on compliance requirements and award deadlines.
- Coordinates quarterly project check-ins with program teams.
- Ensures award documents including funder communication, deliverables, audit records, and other award-related information is properly maintained and filed.
- Works with the Agreements Advisor and Grants Team to strengthen existing, and develop as needed, internal policies, manuals, and regulatory recommendations for IRI.
- Supports Agreements Administration team efforts around capacity building and help ensure that tools and templates meet program implementation needs.
- Provide quality control, including copyedit and proof-reading support, on IRI requests, deliverables, and communications to the donor, while ensuring compliance with funder regulations and award requirements.
Please complete your profile and submit your cover letter and resume to IRI's website.