Refugees International, a humanitarian organization that advocates for lifesaving assistance and protection for refugees and other displaced people, seeks to hire an outreach associate to support communications, campaigns, and partnerships on its collaborative strategic outreach team (25%) The position will play a critical role (75%) supporting outreach and communications for the Refugee Advocacy Lab (the “Lab”), an initiative housed at Refugees International and co-led with the International Rescue Committee (IRC), Refugee Congress, and the International Refugees Assistance Project (IRAP) to advance the movement for refugee protection and inclusion in the United States.
A successful candidate will have experience with refugee and forced displacement issues; demonstrated experience in digital, social, and advocacy campaigns; excellent writing and editing skills, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Social and Digital Media
- Develop and implement the Lab’s social media strategy, including drafting content for and managing Lab social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube);
- Use knowledge of current events to connect the work of the Lab to timely and/or trending topics on social media;
- Prepare social media toolkits for major Lab research, advocacy, and campaigns;
- Create and/or edit videos, photos, and graphics for use on the Lab’s website and social media;
- Assist with management of the Lab website, including updating content on a regular basis;
- Support with RI social media, campaign, website, events, and other strategic outreach efforts related to the work of
Writing and Publication
- Draft and manage Lab newsletters and email marketing products and assist with maintenance of the Lab’s contact database;
- Draft public education, storytelling, and promotional content as needed;
- Manage the layout and promotion of written Lab thought leadership and advocacy products in Canva and on the Lab website;
- Coordinate engagement among Lab partners;
- Assist in the coordination of digital and in-person events;
- Help to manage engagement with members of the Refugee Storytellers Collective;
- Assist with foundation donor relations and reporting as needed;
- Assist with meetings, events, and special projects as needed.
SALARY RANGE: Depending on background and experience.
- $50,000-55,000 per year based on experience.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the organization and with the people for whom Refugees International and the Refugee Advocacy Lab advocate;
- Strong writing and editing skills, comfort with a variety of computer applications;
- A keen attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently;
- An interest in or experience with Canva, the Adobe Creative Suite, web publishing, digital events, and email marketing;
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of non-profit communications and advocacy and the work of Refugees International and the Refugee Advocacy Lab;
- Demonstrated experience in digital, social, and advocacy campaign tactics and trends;
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study including communications, international relations, or migration issues;
- Being a team player excited to join a collaborative and creative team;
- Being a self starter and creative thinker, excited to bring new ideas the team and execute them;
- Experience with refugee and forced displacement issues, including lived experience, preferred but not required.
Applications should include a cover letter and résumé. Writing samples may be requested. Please send the application to Refugees International BambooHR website
Application review is on a rolling basis.
Refugees International is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. RI welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.