Refugees International (RI), a humanitarian organization that advocates for lifesaving assistance and protection for refugees and other displaced people, seeks to hire a digital communications associate to support multimedia outreach, advocacy campaigns, and events. A critical member of the collaborative strategic outreach (SO) team, this person in this position will work closely with advocates and the development team to expand RI’s digital and media advocacy reach.
A successful candidate aspires to enhance advocacy for refugees and other displaced people and understands the power of digital communications in succeeding to do so. They will have experience with refugee and forced displacement issues; demonstrated experience in digital, social, and advocacy campaigns; excellent writing and editing skills; and a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Draft content for and manage Refugees International’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube);
- Prepare social media toolkits for major research, advocacy, campaign, and institutional initiatives;
- Assist RI staff establish their own professional social media presence and strategies;
- Use knowledge of current events to connect the work of Refugees International to timely and/or trending topics on social media;
- Create and/or edit videos, photos, and graphics for use on Refugees International’s website and social media.
Digital and Print Communication
- Assist with the production of digital and in-person events;
- Design and disseminate email marketing campaigns to promote Refugees International’s work to diverse audiences and assist with maintenance of email contact database;
- Assist with web posting and website management;
- Assist with the layout of publications, including reports, policy briefs, brochures, etc.
- Generate web analytics reports to maximize effective user engagement;
- Assist with press research and outreach;
- Keep current on news related to the work of Refugees International;
- Assist with meetings, events, and special projects as needed.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the organization and with the people for whom RI advocates;
- Possess strong writing and editing skills, comfort with a variety of computer applications;
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently;
- An interest in or experience with Canva, the Adobe Creative Suite, web publishing, digital events, and email marketing;
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of non-profit communications and advocacy and the work of RI;
- An interest in digital, social, and advocacy campaign tactics and trends;
- Being a team player excited to join a collaborative and creative team;
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study including communications, international relations, or migration issues;
- Experience with refugee and forced displacement issues, including lived experience, preferred but not required.
- A complete application will include a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, together with a résumé or CV. Please send the application to Refugees International BambooHR website.
- Application review is on a rolling basis starting on Monday, August 8.
Refugees International is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. RI welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.