TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team:
Our Global Legal Compliance team provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global markets. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright, and capable legal professionals to join us.
- Reports directly to the Head of Global Legal Compliance for TikTok and will work closely with the China-Export Control team and export compliance liasions in the engineering group. The successful candidate will need to collaborate with the China-Export Control team on matters involving both China and ex-China regions/teams.
- Act as internal and external resource on international trade specifications, regulations and future legislation that may affect how, where, and with whom we conduct business.
- Participate in and contribute to a wide range of trade compliance activities and cross-functional engagements, including but not limited to:
- Develop enhancements to current policies and procedures tailored for the Global Export Compliance Program for TikTok;
- Supervision and oversight of global export compliance practices (ex-China), including assessing the need for export authorizations/licenses/permits, and responding to internal and external inquiries regarding same;
- Export control contractual review and revision;
- Routine monitoring of sanctions updates and end-user/use determinations, interpreting business/process impact, and implementation of sanctions compliance controls (including embargoed country IP address blocking);
- Responding to country/territory specific sanctions, intersection with US export control laws and regulations, and handling company policy prohibition inquiries;
- Mergers & Acquisitions export compliance due diligence and integration activities; and .
- Development of export control process automation.
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, especially ECCN Cat. 4 and 5.
- Experience with Deemed Export/Re-export reviews, and submission of export license requests.
- Experience with both h/w and s/w product, part and component classifications.
- Experience with investigating and researching companies and individuals for sanctions risks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing and presenting compliance trainings, and particularly to large in-person groups.
- Excellent organization, project management, and documentation skills.
- 10+ years of export compliance practitioner experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in international business, international relations, international trade, law degree or a related degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
Preferred Interpersonal Competencies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility, commitment to teamwork, and a willingness to change assignments meet clients' needs.
- Ability to manage heavy workload volume and meet critical deadlines with little supervision.
- Proactively makes recommendations for necessary process improvements.
- Coach, mentor, and develop people, including having open discussions about career development. Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the clients' business, industry and organization and shows support for delivery of the product, services and initiatives of the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to redirect issues to appropriate resources.
- Anticipates clients needs and delivers with timeliness, accurately sensing the urgency and sensitivity to the situation.
- Proactively identifies problems or issues and takes lead in resolving issues.
- Demonstrates creativity in finding solutions and uses good judgment in doing so.
- Demonstrates ability to influence and enlist support.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org