Fair Trials is an international non-governmental organization, working in the UK, Americas, and Europe. We work to advance the global fight for fairness, justice and equality in criminal justice systems by exposing emerging threats, strengthening diverse and resilient reform movements, and fighting for justice on the global stage. We are looking for an ambitious individual with experience of trusts and foundations fundraising to join Fair Trials’ Development Team.
The Development Officer will have the following main areas of responsibility:
- Managing and developing part of Fair Trials’ portfolio of trust and foundation donors;
- Contributing to the achievement of Fair Trials’ fundraising strategy; and
- Being a passionate and compelling advocate of Fair Trials’ work.
For full details of the role please see the Job Description available at https://www.fairtrials.org/careers/.
The key skills, qualifications and experience needed include:
- Experience of trust and foundation fundraising (voluntary experience acceptable).
- A commitment to human rights and criminal justice.
- Organisational skills including demonstrable experience of:
- Working effectively independently;
- Managing deadlines; and
- Delivering under time pressure.
- Communication skills including the ability to:
- Communicate complex ideas and impact to a variety of audiences;
- Create persuasive and compelling content;
- Produce accurate and attractive written/visual communications; and
- Communicate confidently and effectively in person including remotely, for example, by telephone and video call.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills including:
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent attention to detail in both literacy and numeracy;
- The ability analyse and clearly articulate data; and
- Confidence with Excel spreadsheets.
- A team-player and willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and develop professional relationships and networks.
- Experience of independently managing a portfolio of trust and foundation funders, including prospecting, stewardship, and reporting on income.
- Experience of individual giving funding and/or large trust/institutional applications and reporting.
- Insight into the challenges faced by suspects and defendants as a result of lived experience of the criminal justice system.
- Experience of working for a small non-profit, community and/or charitable organisation (voluntary experience acceptable).
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the job description (include “Development Officer” in the subject).
For full details of the job, please see the candidate briefing and job description (available on our website).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org