SNCF Group's European Affairs Department/Representation to the EU, a department of the Presidency of SNCF Group, is looking for a full-time policy advisor.
SNCF is a global leader in passenger and freight transport services with revenues of €34.8 billion in 2021, of which one-third on international markets, and 270 000 employees in 120 countries. SNCF group has a new structure made of a single parent company overseeing SNCF Réseau (management and operation of the French rail network), SNCF Gares & Connexions (management and development of stations), Rail Logistics Europe (freight transport and logistics worldwide), SNCF Voyageurs (commuter transport in the Paris region, regional and inter-city public transport, high-speed rail in France and Europe), Geodis (freight transport logistics in France and 120 countries) and Keolis (mass transit and public transport in Europe and around the globe).
The SNCF European Affairs Department informs all SNCF businesses about EU regulatory issues that may affect them and represent their interests towards the EU institutions and the relevant stakeholders at EU level, particularly on the following topics:
- Multimodal transport policy (passengers and freight);
- Infrastructure and financing;
- Digital agenda;
- Internal market/consumer rights;
- Interoperability and technical issues of the European railway system;
- Research and innovation;
- Corporate and societal responsibility.
- Postgraduate degree in European studies, law, economics, political science;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in European affairs gained in an EU institution, an trade association, an NGO, a consultancy, or in-house;
- Ability to cope with deadlines and work independently; reliable, well-organised, proactive, transparent, team player;
- Excellent understanding of the EU policy making;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English;
- Interest in contributing to sustainable mobility in Europe;
- Desirable: knowledge of EU transport and digital policy, prior experience in working on one or several of the subjects referred to in the “About SNCF” section, knowledge of additional EU languages.
- Monitor and analyse EU policy developments relevant to SNCF;
- Follow the work of the relevant European Parliament committees (mostly TRAN, ENVI and ITRE);
- Lead internal working groups to develop SNCF positions and contribute to/influence working groups of European sectoral federations;
- Represent SNCF in relevant expert/stakeholder groups;
- Represent SNCF towards European policy makers/stakeholders;
- Draft briefing papers on specific topics;
- Support the organisation of events;
- Prepare meetings with EU policy makers.
Please send your curriculum and cover letter in French if you are not a French native speaker, in English if you are a French native speaker by Friday 9 September 2022 at the latest.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org