McLarty Associates is seeking a bright, resourceful, highly organized individual to serve as an Associate for the firm's Southeast Asia practice. We are seeking to fill this position by early October and will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Project management of multiple client initiatives;
- Conducting research and analysis of economic, political, security, trade, technology, public policy, international, and business issues;
- Writing memos, compiling biographies, and preparing presentations;
- Attending and reporting on events, speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and clients;
- Monitoring regional news outlets;
- Providing administrative support for Southeast Asia practice directors;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who have/are:
- BA/BS or MA in International Relations, Political Science, International Business, Asian/Southeast Asian studies, or a related field.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant, professional work experience.
- Strong background, demonstrated interest, and experience living or studying in Southeast Asia, as well as an appetite for international politics and international business broadly.
- Fluency in a Southeast Asian language, preferably Bahasa Indonesia.
- Exceptional organization with an independent and creative nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication and a resourceful and accomplished researcher and writer in English.
- Strong critical thinkers.
- Able to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as comfort interacting with high-level individuals and collaborating in a team environment.
- Inclined to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the directors and the team
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to manage and adapt to changing priorities, to remain poised under pressure, and to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, mature judgment, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Office 365, especially Microsoft PowerPoint.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
This position can be performed in a hybrid manner but may require the individual to be in the Washington, DC office for 2-3 days per week. As such, applicants should be located in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org