WILPF is looking to hire a temporary replacement (6 months) for its Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) Manager position. We are looking for a person who is committed to feminist peace and human rights, has a background in gender analysis, and has strong writing, research, advocacy, fundraising, and management skills.
The Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) Manager should be a highly motivated and politically driven individual with feminist, anti-racist and inclusive ways of working. The WPS Manager should have demonstrated skills in fundraising and advocacy, including international, regional and/or national level advocacy; experience in multicultural settings; experience in conflict and post-conflict settings; and communicating issues of WPS, gender, peace, and/or human rights to policymakers. This temporary position will specifically focus on the fundraising and advocacy aspects of WILPF’s Women, Peace and Security programme, based in New York.
This individual has the opportunity to support WILPF members and partners on strategic advocacy at all levels of influence, with a particular focus on the United Nations and its Member States in New York. The WPS Manager will focus on WPS from a conflict prevention, disarmament, and human security perspective, and will lead the WPS programme implementation of the WILPF International Programme 2022-2025 adopted during WILPF’s 2022 Congress. This position also entails managing programme operations, budget, donor relations, and fundraising.
WILPF WPS Advocacy Work:
● Represent WILPF in meetings and events around the UN in New York on the theme of WPS.
● Maintain and cultivate relationships with key NGO partners, UN entities and/or Member State representatives to the UN.
● Liaise with key partners to accelerate advocacy goals on both country and thematic priorities, including at the UN Security Council.
● Identify advocacy opportunities. Develop and maintain ongoing, specific advocacy priorities and projects in collaboration with relevant WILPF staff to advance WILPF’s visibility and influence.
● Work across WILPF programmes and projects, staff, members, and partners to develop analysis and recommendations on key country and thematic priorities based on advocacy opportunities at the Security Council.
● Manage the research, writing, and editing of PeaceWomen newsletters, publications, fact sheets, and other outreach material as needed.
● Oversee WILPF’s WPS Security Council, National Action Plan, and UN monitoring tools and research.
Management and Operations
● Oversee financial/grant management, project implementation, and reporting for the programme.
● Identify fundraising opportunities, develop proposals, and cultivate relationships with donors.
● Manage a 2-3 (approximate) WPS Team, including a WPS Programme Associate, fellows, and/or consultants.
● Manage other key partnerships and projects as determined by the Secretary General (SG) and Deputy Secretary General (DSG) consistent with programme priorities.
● Coordinate relevant programme internal monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) processes with Programme Associate and WILPF’s MEL team.
Knowledge and Skills
● Excellent knowledge of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda and experience in research, analysis and advocacy within the UN system.
● Experience and commitment to advocacy on women’s rights and peace, particularly related to women, peace and security, gender equality, intersectional feminism, and disarmament.
● Strong skills in networking, communication and alliance building.
● Demonstrated track record in fundraising for Women Peace and Security advocacy and projects.
● Ability to represent WILPF to external stakeholders, including diplomats, academics, and UN staff.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in gender studies, women’s rights, peace, international relations, human rights, social sciences (or a related field), with a minimum of 7 years work experience.
● Master’s Degree in gender studies, women’s rights, peace, international relations, human rights, social sciences (or a related field), with a minimum 5 years of work experience.
● Strong understanding of the New York UN advocacy space in relation to Women, Peace, and Security.
● Strong collaborative skills and ability to organize work across programmes and teams to achieve common objectives.
● Excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working with global, diverse teams across time zones and locations, both co-located and remote. Ability to collaborate and work well in a team setting. Ability to build strong and genuine interpersonal relationships.
● Excellent feminist management skills, which include coaching and developing teams, mentoring staff, delivering timely feedback, and encouraging professional development opportunities.
● Proven project management and outreach skills. Ability to establish priorities and to maintain a variety of projects and activities simultaneously, while meeting quick deadlines during busy times. Experience in budget development and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL).
● Strong computer skills including fluency in MS Office 365. Experience with Trello, Slack, and other project management software and tools is a plus.
● Prior experience in NGOs, and/or campaign organizations is a plus.
WILPF will provide the WPS Manager with compensation commensurate with experience. This position will run approximately 6 months and will end in May 2023. Salary scale ranges from $67,722 – $84,527 USD. Plus an additional 200 CHF per month for healthcare and 50 CHF per month for wellbeing.
Please send a resumé or CV and a cover letter with “WPS Manager” in the subject line.
WILPF thanks all applicants for your interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 3, 2022.
As an equal opportunity employer, WILPF welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, ethnic or social origin, disability, religion or belief. During the different stages of the recruitment process, specific measures may be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org