WEConnect International helps drive money into the hands of women business owners around the world by enabling them to compete in the global marketplace. Our buyers are large organizations committed to global Supplier Diversity and Inclusion that help build sustainable communities by sourcing from women-owned businesses around the globe. WEConnect International has been thriving steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The Director for Global Markets will lead a group of six Region Directors and their teams around the globe: 1) Africa, 2) Asia and Oceania, 3) Canada and the United States, 4) Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East, 5) Latin America and the Caribbean, and 6) South Asia. In this exciting new position, the Director will collaborate with the Chief Strategy Officer to establish and execute the vision, strategy, and business development priorities for the Regional Directors to advance the organization’s global brand and to deliver measurable, cost-effective results that help to make the mission a reality. If you are multi-lingual and have strong leadership skills with a passion for working with diverse teams across the globe on the intersection of international development and trade, global supply chains, entrepreneurship ecosystems, and women’s economic empowerment – this career could be for you!
- Preference for candidates with a university degree in International Business, Marketing, Trade, or Economic Development.
- A minimum of five (5) years proven experience managing and developing multi-cultural teams, across several countries, and managing budgets.
- Successful history of working with large corporations, governments, and multilateral organizations.
- Experience / expertise in Communications, Marketing, Business Development, Grant Writing, and Fundraising.
- Knowledge of Supply Chains, Procurement, and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated passion for Women’s Economic Empowerment and awareness of issues affecting women-own businesses in diverse regions.
- Proven track record in identifying, establishing, and managing strategic partnerships.
- Proficient use of English required. Multi-lingual abilities a plus.
- Provide inclusive team leadership to inspire, manage, mentor and develop the skills of your team across the globe to drive the goals and mission of WEConnect International for increased procurement buyer-seller connections.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a global matrix organization to deliver shared results and enable the Region Directors to engage effectively with their teams, corporate members, and external stakeholders.
- Develop a budget and strategy for the region in collaboration with the Chief Strategy Officer to measure, track progress, determine impact, and deliver measurable, cost-effective results which are designed to recruit, engage, and retain women business enterprises and member buyers.
- Assist the Region Directors to grow, nurture and retain the corporate member buyers and women-owned businesses in our network and facilitate connections and business wins.
- Assist the team by coordinating marketing and business development efforts to increase brand recognition and thought leadership, as well as to recruit women-owned businesses and member buyers into the network.
- Support Regional Teams in the management and growth of donor funded projects
- Identify and secure new sources of funding to support special projects, organizational growth, region staffs and mission deliverables. Take the lead in advancing specific sales opportunities to close the deals and produce wins. Identify and develop strategic partnerships on a global level and assist your team in developing regional partnerships organizations.
- Provide leadership and support for WEConnect International signature regional and global events.
- Support the travel of WEConnect International Leadership to regional meetings, events, and engagements to ensure that trips deliver highest impact and strategic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and General Capabilities
- The successful candidate will be a:
- Team Building, Servant leader, Facilitator and Mentor.
- Mission-focused, and Process-minded.
- Influencer and Game Changer.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled networker and partnership player.
- Skilled written communicator and presenter.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound judgment and good political skills.
- Customer service mind-set.
- Ability to raise funds and work within allotted budgets.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Program management and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Patience and high communication skills to be able to address concerns and questions of various stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems, and deliver results.
- Excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision, and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org