INREV - the European Association for Investors in Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles - is looking for a new Brussels-based associate who will further INREV’s public affairs programme primarily by monitoring and engaging in policy discussions and regulatory initiatives in the UK that could impact non-listed real estate fund investment.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for sharing knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. Our goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice across our industry, making real estate investment through non-exchange traded investment structures more accessible and attractive to institutional investors such as pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds. We are a highly active association and work for and with our members.
The INREV team is currently made up of 32 employees, with 29 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement that new team members are expected to share in by contributing ideas for setting high service standards, expanding knowledge and awareness of INREV and increasing our competitiveness.
During a recent strategy day, the INREV team described what it means to work at INREV:
- Entrepreneurial - We are creative, innovative and resourceful and think beyond borders to get the job done;
- Leaders - We strive to achieve the best, get things done and make a lasting difference for our community;
- Community - We work together as a team and with our members in a professional and caring manner;
- Inclusive - We take pride in our diversity;
- Passionate - We are proud of who we are, what we do and how we do it.
The Brussels-based Public Affairs Associate is responsible for furthering INREV’s public affairs programme by monitoring and engaging in policy discussions and regulatory initiatives in the UK that could impact non-listed real estate investment. You provide information to policy makers designed to achieve more favourable outcomes for our industry and keep our global membership informed of policy developments that can impact them.
- Monitor and report to the Public Affairs Director on policy and regulatory initiatives in the UK and as needed the EU that have the potential to impact our members’ operations, asset allocation strategies and investments in non-listed real estate;
- Provide insight for prioritisation and resourcing of policy and regulatory-related opportunities;
- Build networks and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and content experts for key focus areas;
- Develop allies in the UK and EU policymaking communities;
- Provide input on public affairs efforts to INREV members, including summaries of upcoming legislation and the formal and informal influences on their adoption, for consideration in decision-making and planning;
- Assist the Public Affairs Director, Manager and Research Analyst in the development of new projects and initiatives;
- Work in close partnership with the Amsterdam-based CEO and Communications, Professional Standards, and Events and Training Directors and teams;
- Co-ordinate with and help inform the Public Affairs and Tax Committees.
The Public Affairs Associate is part of INREV’s public affairs team. You will report directly to Public Affairs Director and work closely with the Public Affairs Manager and Public Affairs Research Analyst and Office Manager to ensure all activity fits within the overall public affairs strategy.
- University degree(s), with major in political science, economics, business, finance or law;
- One to three years work experience in a related position in London or Brussels with strong preference for previous knowledge of the financial sector and/or alternative investment funds industry;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language of INREV). Experience in writing articles and delivering presentations is a plus;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, along with a structured approach and ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Outgoing, self-motivated, flexible attitude and a hands-on mentality are essential.
- Becoming part of a leading European financial sector association, while representing and promoting an industry that grows and develops at a fast pace;
- A young, energetic, international team;
- Fun team building events and frequent team social interaction;
- A competitive salary;
- Contract for 38 hours a week, initially based on an annual contract with the aim to be indefinite;
- Annual leave of 20 days per year plus Belgian public holidays;
- Start as soon as possible;
- The position is based in Brussels (Square de Meeûs) with occasional travel required.
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Jeff Rupp, Director of Public Affairs.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org