The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration until October 31, 2023. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Berlin, Germany. In coordination with your Team Lead, working in Home Office is possible at any time.
As Advisor Agriculture and Development Policy in our Policy and External Relations Unit, you will implement Welthungerhilfe's advocacy work with the aim of improving the quality and quantity of german and global development policies and programs on food security and agriculture.
- National and international advocacy work on the topics of agriculture, nutrition and food security.
- Establishment of development policy positions in the field of agriculture and food policy and representation of these positions vis-à-vis national and international political authorities, business communities, civil society and the general public
- Support the development policy dialogue with representatives from politics, business, science, civil society and the media
- Participation in the conception and further development of advocacy measures, including the preparation and implementation of conferences, expert discussions, etc.
- Preparation of background information and draft texts for correspondence, speeches and publications
- Represent technical content and positions in public appearances and in the media
- A university or polytechnic degree with a focus on policy and advocacy or a comparable qualification
- Solid experience in strategy building and implementation as well as in the preparation of complex and cross-cutting analyses and concepts in the field of development cooperation
- Experience in policy and advocacy work at national and international level (EU, UN)
- Representation experience towards representatives from politics, economy, civil society, science, media on national and international level
- Sound expertise in the field of (global) food security with focus on at least one of the following topics: agriculture, nutrition, food security, climate policy
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as persuasiveness towards partners and decision makers from politics, administration and civil society
- Excellent spoken and written German and English language skills; knowledge of French would be an advantage
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org