This is a senior technical position within the Project Team of Lestari Capital.
The role ensures that the project pipeline of Lestari Capital’s mechanisms is credible, robust, and delivers the required conservation and social outcomes according to international certification standards. He/She will ensure that Lestari Capital’s monitoring/measuring, evaluation, and reporting standards are of the highest quality, leading to the successful verification of projects and client approvals. They will further build upon and implement internal frameworks that efficiently vet, monitor, and report on projects throughout their lifecycle. The position holder will also lead the Project Team’s research and development of new Environmental Service Outcomes (ESOs), ensuring that Lestari Capital remains relevant, innovative, and a thought leader in the space.
The position reports to the Head of Collective and Solutions Portfolio, working closely with the Business Development Team, as well as the Head of Natural Climate Solutions.
Project Development and Assurance
- Accountable for the quality and delivery of technical reviews as part of due diligence processes of Lestari Capital for all projects within the Collective and Solutions portfolio.
- Manages processes for developing certification documentation (baseline, project design, monitoring plan, etc) towards the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS), Plan Vivo or similar standards, both in-house and with service providers.
- Accountable for the quality control and successful verification of projects under CCB and Plan Vivo standards.
- Responsible for developing the methodology for project monitoring, verification and reporting within the Collective and Solutions portfolio.
- Leads technical assistance to projects for improving practices, management plans, and troubleshoots as required.
- Collaborates closely with the Business Development Team in developing and improving Lestari Capital’s MRV systems.
- Supports internal and external technical capacity building of the Project Team and project operator partners.
Research and Development
- Develops Lestari Capital’s strategy to ensure that project outcomes remain relevant to evolving market demands; and are aligned with international requirements (e.g. Science Based Targets) and client expectations.
- Acts as technical lead for the improvement and further development of existing Ecosystem Services Outcomes (ESOs) and frameworks for delivering them.
- Leads the technical development of new project typologies, new claims and associated frameworks.
POSITION KEY-PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Technical due diligence processes are robust and efficient
- Preliminary verification is completed on relevant projects
- Projects develop quality CCB documentation, including PDDs, in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Project designs and MRV documents are compliant with CCB standards
- Lestari Capital strategy for alignment with new ESO demands and improvement of current ESO frameworks is developed.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in land management and sustainability, at project and international levels
- Proven experience of developing and implementing CCB and/or Plan Vivo compliant projects in a variety of contexts and geographies
- Advanced project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and demonstrated ability to guide multi-disciplinary teams
- Practical knowledge of quantification and monitoring of climate, water, biodiversity and community impacts and targets
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced and cross-cultural work environment
The candidate will be based either in the Lestari Capital office in Bali or other regional location (SE Asia). The candidate must have the flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally as and when necessary.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to: Emelyne Cheney, Head of Collective and Solutions Portfolio, [email protected].
The job description can also be found here: http://lestaricapital.com/jobs/
Important: Please include your name and “Head of Technical Assurance” as the subject line of the email. Please ensure the titles of all attachments use the format: YourName_HTA_Tech_CV.pdf, YourName_HTA_Tech_CoverLetter.pdf). At the end of the cover letter please include this completed summary table:
Degree type (MS, PhD)
Years of work experience