The Operations Manager operates under delegated authority from the UNFPA Regional Director. The functions of the Operations Manager covers a broad range of issues ranging from financial and human resources management; procurement; IT; general administration; travel and logistics; common services; to security of UNFPA premises and staff. Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director, the Operations Manager leads strategic planning for UNFPA operations and setting of management targets, and outsourced services provided by UNDP. The Operations Manager advises the Region Director on course correction; cost effectiveness; and creative responses to emerging complex challenges.
You will report to the ASRO Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Finance and Public /Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities in a challenging and complex organizational setting;
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and responds positively to feedback;
- Solid knowledge in financial management, contracts, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, and general administration;
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes;
- Demonstrates knowledge sharing orientation, and ability to mentor and coach staff;
- Demonstrates effective team building and leadership, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes;
- Initiative; strong conceptual abilities; sound judgment; strong interest in development work, especially the mission of UNFPA; and dedication to the principles of the United Nations;
- Experience in Humanitarian operation, data and finance.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN language such as French and /or Arabic, would be desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org