The automotive industry undergoes fundamental change towards climate neutral, digital and ever safer mobility. CLEPA represents the 3.000 companies supplying state-of-the-art components and innovative technology to achieve this transition. Our industry invests €30 billion annually in research and development. Together with the automotive manufacturers, we are the largest private investor in research and innovation in Europe. Over 5 million employees stand for competitiveness and innovation made in the EU.
Automotive suppliers offer the entire breadth of components needed to build vehicles, from the conventional to the electric drive train, chassis, interior, lighting, wheels and electronics, which make mobility safer, more comfortable and increasingly autonomous. New business areas are created around batteries, battery technology and data-based services.
As broad and varied as our offering are CLEPA’s political priorities, from climate to digital to broader sustainability policy and international trade.
For our offices in Brussels, we are looking for a government affairs manager to support advocacy on behalf of our members in the areas of climate and emission policies and on files related to connected and automated driving.
- Monitoring, analysis and presentation of political and regulatory developments of relevance to the automotive industry in the areas of climate, emission and sustainability regulations for the team and members;
- Drafting of position papers and advocacy material in support of the advocacy work of CLEPA in Brussels;
- Building and maintaining a strong network to relevant decision makers, influencers, sources of information in Brussels;
- Developing and implementing effective advocacy strategies;
- Organisation and follow up of meetings for the Head of Government Affairs, the Secretary General and the President of CLEPA;
- Support meetings of the Government Affairs Working Group and other relevant groups by contributing to agendas, presentations and minutes;
- Contribution to organisation of events and communications activities in support of advocacy;
- Representation of CLEPA at events and stakeholder forums.
- University degree in politics, law or similar subjects;
- First hand experience in and with the EU political environment, having interned or worked in one of the institutions, experience in hands on public affairs;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and one other main EU language;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- You have minimum 5 years’ experience in the EU policy environment;
- You are proactive, results oriented and politically savvy;
- In a fast paced environment you are able to prioritise what allows reaching your and the organisations’ objectives, condense complexity to relevant information and conclusions for effective communication;
- Your persuasiveness and relational skills help you to convince decision makers and influencers in Brussels and beyond, to work effectively as part of a team and to extend your network;
- You thrive in an international work environment with different specialisations and capabilities.
- Challenging work environment with room for creativity;
- Possibility to take on responsibility early on;
- Opportunity to develop a network within the automotive industry;
- Flexible work environment with possibility to work partially remotely;
- Inspiring training and development opportunities;
- Attractive holiday package (42 days in total, 2 weeks in addition to the standard);
- Interesting extra-legal advantages (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance, portable computer, phone subscription,…);
- Modern offices close to a green zone (Jubelpark – Parc du Cinquantenaire).
Please send a concise (!) motivation and CV before 30 November 2022.
IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that only applications received by email will be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org