The S&D Group in the European Parliament is recruiting 2 Spanish language administrators (F/M), Temporary Agents at grade AD 5, article 2 c) of the CEOs.
The nature and the level of the duties to be carried out include assistance and support to the Members of the European Parliament of the S&D Group in the carrying out of tasks, which may include:
- Support to the legislative work of parliamentary committees, draft proposal for amendments and resolutions;
- Provide political advice; conduct analysis and formulation of policies in the fields of European Union action;
- Follow and contribute proactively to policy implementation in specific sectorial policies, drafting policy analysis notes and political assessments, explanatory papers on areas of competence for S&D Members at committee level, for Group bodies and for the Secretariat;
- Draw up politically and technically coherent parliamentary positions in the main fields of activity of the European Union;
- Manage the contacts between the S&D Group and the member parties of the PES and its parliamentary groups in the Member States;
- Manage, organise and follow-up of meetings;
- Contribute to external communication as well as to internal reporting and communication.
Candidates must fulfil the following conditions
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- produce the appropriate character references for the performance of their duties.
Qualifications and professional experience required
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- at least two years' professional experience acquired after a university degree as set out in the first indent;
- very good knowledge of Community mechanisms and the European institutions;
- proven ability to carry out conceptual and analytical work;
- capacity for team work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- a very good knowledge of the Spanish and European legal, institutional and political systems;
- Linguistic skills as detailed in the notice.
The work requires frequent travel outside Brussels, in particular to Strasbourg.
The selection procedure will be on the basis of qualifications and tests.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org