Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
For our Water Food and Climate Team based in Zurich and Bern we are looking for a goal-oriented and pragmatic individual to join our organization as the Coordinator of the Swiss water Partnership / Advisor water, per February 1, 2023 or upon agreement.
We are currently looking for a Coordinator of the Swiss Water Partnership / Advisor Water for the Helvetas hosted secretariat of the Swiss Water Partnership (SWP). The SWP is a multi-stakeholder platform with members from the private, public, academic and civil society sectors, launched in 2012 to contribute to global water security for sustainable development with Swiss knowhow and expertise.
- Develop and maintain the SWP membership base and engage potential new members
- Develop and position the SWP service offers to members and third parties
- Promoting networking, exchange and learning among SWP members, including youth
- Coordinate and facilitate the presence of the SWP in relevant international water events such as the annual World Water Week and the World Water Forum and Swiss events as the General Assembly
- Develop partnerships with relevant actors in the international water sector, including sponsors
- Facilitate spaces for members to co-develop joint projects and innovations on water
- Communicate on SWP activities through the website, the e-newsletter and social media
- Lead the development of a yearly work-programme and prepare annual progress and financial reports
- Provide demand-based advice to Helvetas programmes and projects and external clients (donors, private sector)
- Contribute to thematic development on water topics, capacity building, partnership development and acquisition of advisory mandates, and representation of Helvetas in events and networks.
- Master’s degree in water management, international development, engineering or business development or similar fields
- 5 years of professional experience in the water sector, including development cooperation and the private sector.
- Knowledge about the water sector in Switzerland and global water challenges
- Proven interest, experience, and expertise in at least two of the following topics: integrated water resources management, rural and urban water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), water use for agriculture and climate and disaster risks in water.
- Goal-orientation, strong conceptual and analytical competences, and working experience in project management and service provision
- Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills in an intercultural context and excellent spoken and written English, German and French
- Good networking skills and ability to work in teams and independently
WE OFFER YOU
A contract initially limited until December 31, 2025. Attractive working conditions in an interdisciplinary team and a multicultural setting, workplace in Berne or Zurich (close to the main station).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org