Established in 1948, the European Travel Commission (ETC) is a non-profit organisation with its headquarters in Brussels. Its role, on behalf of its more than 40 members, both National Tourism Organisations and private companies, is to promote tourism to Europe from long-haul markets, produce market intelligence and facilitate the sharing of best practices in tourism. The organisation also engages in advocacy actions to promote the importance of tourism as an engine for the European economy, and to create benefits and remove disadvantages for the travel industry in Europe. ETC cooperates with the European Commission in promoting Europe as a tourism destination implementing projects in form of ad-hoc and other grants.
The European Travel Commission is recruiting a Trainee for its Public Affairs/Advocacy Department. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated junior professional who thrives on tourism- and advocacy-related projects and working with institutions and international organisations. The position is for six months, renewable.
The Public Affairs Trainee works within the ETC Executive Unit, mainly the Public Affairs Department and reports to the department’s Head and to the Executive Director.
Tasks Public Affairs
- Research on relevant advocacy topics and mapping of decision makers
- Following relevant EU legislative files/ discussions and updating the team on the developments
- Drafting of briefings for ETC members and the Executive Unit
- Support in organising and hosting of ETC advocacy meetings
- Helping ETC public affairs team in drafting statements, position papers, official letters
- Participation in ETC meetings in Brussels (as required)
- Drafting presentations and speeches for ETC advocacy interventions
- Updating of ETC’s corporate website (www.etc-corporate.org): posting articles, editing text, adding photos, updating dead links, creating banners etc.
- Help in the day-to-day management of B2B social media channels, including drafting and scheduling social media posts, creating banners etc.
- Support in drafting press releases and website articles
- Support in preparation of ETC Annual Report 2022
- Help in drafting replies to external media enquiries
- Daily monitoring of ETC media mentions
- Help in checking media monitoring reports
- Recognised University degree (Masters) in European affairs/ international relations, economics or political science (or similar)
- Strong organisational skills, in particular related to time optimization, detail orientation and prioritisation
- Knowledge of the EU, its processes and policies. Experience with travel, tourism or transport sectors is a plus
- A strong interest in travel and tourism
- Experience in social media management (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) is a plus
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Multi-tasking, with proven ability to prioritise and deal with multiple tasks
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook). Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva are a plus
- Committed, participative, team player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
To be considered for this traineeship position candidates must already hold the right to work in Belgium, i.e. be an EU, EEA or Swiss national and/or have a Belgian Work permit.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please send us your Cover Letter and CV (both in English) by 30th November 2022 23:59 CET, mentioning ‘Public Affairs Trainee’ in the subject line.
Candidates must be in a position to certify with official documents (if requested) any information provided in their CV and Cover Letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org