CENTR is a membership association which brings together European national internet domain name registries such as the organisations that operate .de and .eu.
CENTR currently counts 52 full and 9 associate members – together, they are responsible for over 80% of all registered domain names worldwide.
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated Policy Advisor to join our small, fabulous team and serve our international and multilingual membership which is at the core of the internet infrastructure. Starting date from 1 February 2023.
If you read the sections below and recognise yourself in them, we would love to hear from you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse the EU policy landscape for issues of relevance to domain name registry operators.
- Draft policy and issue papers in the fields of data protection, privacy, cybersecurity, content moderation, consumer protection, internet governance and other topics of relevance to the internet industry.
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to advance CENTR’s goals in EU policy and global internet governance.
- Identify and engage in outreach activities with EU institutions, law enforcement and industry stakeholders.
- Support the Legal & Regulatory and Security Working Groups, participate in and report from international meetings.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a small team.
- Service-focused and diplomatic.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills, and comfortable working with technical and legal material.
- Public speaking experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- 5-10 years of working experience in a similar role in EU affairs, preferably in a membership-based organisation.
- Good knowledge of and understanding of EU legislative processes and decision-making.
- A Master's degree in Law would be ideal. Other related fields, such as European Affairs, Tech, International relations could be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of or genuine interest in technology and the internet world; understanding of the domain name industry is a plus.
What we offer
- A permanent full-time contract.
- A competitive salary package with flexible working hours and location.
- Broad range of training opportunities and personal training budget.
- International experience in a vibrant tech community and a membership-based organisation, with the ability to influence a fast-paced regulatory landscape.
To apply, please send a 1-page motivation letter and your CV by 1 December 2022. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
CENTR is committed to equal opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of, for example, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or belief, political or other convictions, gender, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org