With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet.
Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate – we embed purpose at the heart of the football industry, leverage football’s reach and culture to inspire fans to act and use football as a catalyst to unlock excellence and opportunities for young people everywhere.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet and believe that we are at a true historical milestone. As such, we are creating opportunities to engage new talent with the drive and passion that changing the world requires.
Are you ready?
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role as Chief Operating Officer at Common Goal focusses on the operational efficiency and excellence, embraces technology and supports a people and team play centred organisational culture and development. The scope of the COO includes the global support structure as well as the growing number of teams in different regions. The COO reports to the CEO.
We are looking for an experienced leader who enjoys working in a diverse multi-stakeholder environment together with inspiring talent in a purpose driven team, is not afraid of headwinds and embraces edge and growth at scale.
In summary, you’re excited to take on a role that is critical for growing the game and making the world a better place.
• Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning.
• Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans and procedures. Oversee daily operations and organisation-wide performance.
• Manage direct reports from across the Common Goal leadership team.
• Continuously analyse internal operations and create interdepartmental alignment in a highly matrixed organisation and identify areas of process enhancement.
• Set comprehensive goals for growth and excellence and oversee actions and measures to achieve them.
• Support and continuously develop the digitisation of the organisation based on available technology and data.
• Assist internally across all teams to sharpen the senses for and take decisions towards growth/scale readiness as well as team-based measures to contribute to the overall financial sustainability & translate Common Goal’s service/promise into opportunities across the variety of constituencies.
• Nurture and protect the organisational culture with Team Play at its core Thrive for maximum efficiency and impact of the organisation while safeguarding the wellbeing of the whole team.
• You have a post-graduate degree in a relevant field of studies.
• You have significant entrepreneurial/professional work experience, including leadership positions, with advanced understanding of areas of Operations, Growth, Technology and Innovation, ideally with cutting-edge expertise in the area of Technology.
• You are native and/or fluent in at least two (2) languages, including English.
• You are result driven with experience in dynamic organisational settings, capable to spearhead and manage change processes.
• You are authentic, curious, purpose-driven and carry team play deeply embedded in your believe system.
• You enjoy leadership, training and the mentorship of talent that surrounds you, as much as you enjoy listening and continuous learning. You are inspirational and have the capacity to motivate and clearly communicate objectives and strategies externally and internally.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a believer in audacious goals, not afraid of failure and willing to learn and quickly bounce back.
• You are a very clear, effective as well as empathetic communicator on all levels and across all stakeholder groups, from Board to senior leadership to team members to athletes and community orgs.
• You have the ability to integrate your own creative solutions with market and societal trends and needs on an ongoing basis. You strive for best possible service/offering at all time.
• Become part of a vision for football 2030 that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
• Lead a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, continue to shape dynamic decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
• Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
• Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office in Berlin, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
• Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
• Last but not least, join an international squad of 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org