The School of Communication & Public Affairs in the College of Arts & Cultural Studies is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Political Science to begin Fall 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Primary Duties The successful candidate will:
- Specialize in one of the following fields of political science: public administration, public policy, public law, or American political development
- Advise, mentor, and oversee ORU’s Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature team
- Teach upper division political science courses
- Teach general education civics courses
- Advise political science majors, minors, and pre-law minors
- Connect students with and review internship opportunities
- Engage in scholarly research, presentations, and publications and in professional development activities.
- Be involved in university activities such as faculty meetings, committee meetings, retreats, and chapel services.
Qualifications The successful candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated potential for or history of successful and excellent teaching.
- Hold a Ph.D. in Political Science or Government.
- Have professional experience in political science or government
- Have done work in public law, public policy, or public administration
- Demonstrate integrated faith in the classroom, church and community.
Interested applicants may contact the Dean of the College of Arts & Cultural Studies, William Curtis Ellis, Ph.D. [email protected]; 918-495-7308) with questions about the opening.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org