The Associate Director, Justice Solutions (AD – JS) serves as the main subject-matter expert on Criminal Justice and Rule of Law. This position is responsible for interacting with Government and Non-Government actors, including high and mid-ranking Public Justice System Officials, being a recognized thought leader and relationship builder with deep experience in policy advocacy and communications. The AD-JS will collaborate closely with peers on a senior leadership team to develop unified Hub strategies and to keep updated a “backlog” of team projects operationalizing those strategies. The AD-JS will lead a team of teams, being responsible for overseeing personnel assigned to his/her component.
This position is based in El Salvador and reports to the Country Director, El Salvador.
- Technical direction, support and leadership in matters related to the assigned component;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the work plan designed for the component;
- Serve as liaison with Government counterparts and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Preference for Master’s degree in Justice or related field;
- Experience in the field of gender based violence;
- Bachelor degree in Law OR Bachelor degree in another field IF candidate possess at least 5 years of relevant experience in Rule of Law;
- At least 7 years of progressive experience working in organizational development and/or capacity building;
- At least 5 years of experience in criminal justice, law or related field;
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones;
- High proficiency in Spanish. Fluent in English preferred.
- Passion for IJM’s mission;
- Global and cultural awareness;
- Strong Cultural Intelligence;
- Ability to build trust;
- Creativity and problem solving;
- Effective communicator verbally and in writing;
- Professional and diplomatic;
- Organizational skills;
- Resilient under stress;
- Unfailing integrity and honesty.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org