Citizens for Global Solutions (CGS), founded in 1947, is a non-profit organization working for a peaceful, free, just and sustainable world community. We want to put an end to war and nuclear
weapons, protect universal human rights, and restore and sustain our global environment. Our Education Fund educates and advocates for a democratic federation of nations with enforceable world law to achieve those goals. Our Action Network will work to build political will in the US for global cooperation and democratic international institutions that respect the rights of people and nations.
We seek an Executive Director to win the hearts and minds of people for world federation who is comfortable in maintaining our CGS values of transparency, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and
collaboration. We seek a leader who believes in the logic of democratic world federation and is excited to advocate for it.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of
Directors of the CGS Education Fund. We expect the ideal candidate to:
1. Be an effective spokesperson for world federation as well as the intermediate steps needed to get there such as UN reform and strengthening international institutions
2. Work collaboratively with like-minded organizations to build capacity through coalitions and coordinated action.
3. Manage and develop CGS employees, contractors, and interns so they feel valued, productive, committed, and rewarded
4. Oversee educational programs such as college clubs, advocacy campaign teams, and leadership training programs
5. Work collaboratively with a large and committed Board of Directors and other volunteers to implement programs and identify new diverse board candidates.
6. Work with Finance Committee and other Board Committees to implement Board of Director policies
7. Design, implement and track measures of success for the organization
8. Increase membership and revenue in accordance with annual performance goals.
Qualifications (Please let us know in your cover letter how you meet these qualifications):
1. Demonstrated leadership accomplishment in successfully managing a non-profit organization
2. Ability to articulate and communicate our vision and mission to public audiences
3. Knowledgeable about international relations and U.S. foreign policy
4. Strong technical and facilitation skills a plus
5. Time flexibility to be able to meet with people in other time zones and on some weekends
6. Ability to travel when necessary
7. Ability to establish good relationships with a diverse group of people and work well with people of all ages and backgrounds
8. Experience working with donor management system a plus
9. Experience with fundraising including foundations and grants
An advanced degree or comparable experience is required.
Compensation: $100,000 per year.
The preferred work location is Washington, DC, but remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
This is an exciting time to join Citizens for Global Solutions. We believe the world is ready for our ideas and we are looking for someone with demonstrated leadership who can advance our organization and the movement. With the right leadership, CGS can have a big impact on making our world a better place.
Citizens for Global Solutions is an Equal
To apply send the following information:
• A cover letter stating why you are interested in the job and your qualifications
• 2-3 work references
• A professional writing sample (such as grant application, program proposal or position paper)
• Optional video clip of you making a presentation
Please send your application documents in PDF format, with your last name in each file name.
Applications are preferred no later than 15 February 2023. The start date is negotiable. The position is open until filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org