We are seeking an Impact Assistant to provide policy and administrative support on various areas of Think-Film’s work. The post-holder will be primarily working closely to support our CEO and COO and ensure excellence across our European impact delivery.
The role requires a highly organised multi-tasker with good understanding of EU policy-making, a strong administration and communications skillset, and confidence to make decisions and follow through with action. It is ideal for someone interested in the creative arts and looking to improve their practical experience in public affairs.
- Proactive email management and diary coordination on behalf of the CEO and COO;
- Drafting official correspondence and assisting in the production of documents;
- Coordinating team travel arrangements;
- Effective meeting management including creating agendas, taking minutes, circulating outcomes and following up on actions in coordination with the wider team;
- Monitoring policy developments and undertaking content-based research to contribute to the preparation of meetings, presentations, media interviews and other activities;
- Attending relevant film and/or policy events to network and gain issue-based insight;
- Undertaking other tasks in support of the CEO and COO that are in keeping with the scope of this role.
- 1+ years experience of working in an EU or other international policy environment;
- Ideally experience working closely with senior leadership and managing busy schedules;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively while working on numerous projects concurrently;
- Interest in creative arts and alignment with Think-Film’s mission to make social change.
Essential skills and experience
- Exemplary written and spoken English;
- Strong time management, ability to work proactively in a remote team environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Confident decision-maker, positive approach to problem-solving;
- Proficient user of IT including cloud-based applications (e.g. Google Docs/Sheets/Slides), ideally an interest in managing WordPress websites and/or social media networks;
- Experience in EU policy research and/or advocacy and/or organising events would be an advantage;
- Fluent French or other language skills would be an asset.
Salary and Benefits
- One-year full time contract with the possibility of renewal following evaluation;
- Brussels, Belgium (with flexibility to work from the Think-Film co-working office space and from home on a hybrid basis). Unfortunately, Think-Film can only consider applicants with the right to work in Belgium and who will reside in Belgium during the period of time covered by the contract;
- EUR 1600 - 2000 gross per month dependent on experience (additional benefits and salary payment flexible options can be discussed with the right candidate);
- 20 days annual holiday leave plus Belgian public holidays;
- Genuine investment in your development.
Think-Film Impact Production (TFIP) is an award-winning media company operating at the cutting-edge intersection of film and social change. Working in the highest-level film and political arenas in Europe and internationally, we partner with independent documentary and scripted film, virtual and augmented reality, music, arts and gaming projects to deliver tangible impact outcomes that make real change for people and communities across the globe.
Over the critical years ahead, we will continue to innovate in how socio-political impact and arts media markets interweave, helping us achieve even more ambitious results.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation (of no more than 2 pages) to Amy Shepherd, Think-Film COO [email protected].
Deadline 31 January 2023, with applications considered on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org