The Quincy Institute seeks an Outreach Coordinator who will run educational outreach and assist in communications and media programming across the country to advance the institute’s mission. S/he will be responsible for building constituent support through sustained education, including arranging speaking events by QI staff and building relations with local foreign policy-interested communities and media. The coordinator will liaise closely with the communications team and the research staff and will be managed by the communications director.
This role will be based in Washington, DC, with some possibility of remote work. It might include frequent travel within the United States. The deadline for applying is Tuesday January 31, 2023. Salary is dependent on experience and fit for the position.
Among the duties, s/he will organize speaking trips by QI experts and will lay the foundation for successful public and private events, media programming, and elite meetings in locales across the country. S/he will work with local fora such as World Affairs Councils, Rotary Clubs, universities, and media to connect QI’s information and analysis with leaders of diaspora, veteran and business communities, and other constituencies with an interest in promoting a less militarized US engagement with the world.
- Develop and execute sophisticated local outreach strategies across a range of issues where QI seeks to implement policy changes – namely by bringing expert QI speakers and catalyzing debates and events to generate interest and media coverage in locations across the United States.
- Build internal systems for organizing and capturing contacts cultivated across the country.
- Evaluate the impact of these efforts after 10-12 months.
- Capture lessons from this effort and assess how to improve QI’s elite level advocacy, local persuasion, and cross country outreach going forward.
Required Skills and Experience
- A strong and demonstrated commitment to the Quincy Institute’s mission and to a foreign policy focused on military restraint and diplomacy.
- Experience planning professional events from inception to execution.
- Experience conducting independent and highly professional outreach on behalf of an organization.
- A high level of initiative, independence, and attention to details.
- Excellent communications skills – written and interpersonal, including pervasiveness and effective persistence.
- Experience with creative problem solving.
- Strong organizational, logistical, and project management skills; ability to prioritize and pursue multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and to take direction as part of a team; ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Google Office suite and demonstrated ability to learn and utilize information technology. Familiarity with Raiser's Edge platform is helpful.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org