The Project Director (PD) will lead the Health System Strengthening, Primary Health Care and counter Gender Based Violence Support Contract (HSS/PHC/cGBV Support) implementation to achieve or contribute to the project outputs and mid-term outcomes as stated in the project logic.
- The PD will provide oversight and advice on all aspects of program performance. The PD will provide leadership across the base period and five option years, guiding the supporting program planning and development, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- The PD will serve as a primary means of collaboration with the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) and will liaise with project staff for the other HSS Project contractors.
- The PD will aid in the production of quarterly and annual work plans and payment schedules while guaranteeing the timely submission and quality of all reports, materials, publications and other deliverables or products.
- The PD will mentor and support project staff and supervise consultants. This position is based in Lesotho.
What are we looking for
- A clinical degree or advanced degree (Masters or above) in public health or health management, health policy or financing or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years demonstrated professional experience in international health programming, senior-level management, and experience leading large projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with sub-Saharan Africa health programs, in-person or remote.
- Familiarity with the health system in Lesotho.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated expertise of influencing governments, donors, and/or other implementers.
- At least 4 years of demonstrated professional experience with health system strengthening in countries with populations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org