The Brussels Office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is seeking to hire a Project Manager (full-time, limited until 31/12/2025) to start as soon as possible. The place of work is Brussels.
The RLS is a globally active German political foundation guided by the thoughts and actions of its namesake, the socialist icon Rosa Luxemburg. We are committed to peace, democracy, social justice, and democratic socialism. The RLS maintains a regional office in Brussels with a liaison office in Madrid, devoted to critical analysis of European Union policy and responsible for projects in Northern, Southern and Western Europe.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for activities on EU policies from a left perspective as well as foreign and security policy developments on a global and European level. The job includes the development, implementation and documentation of political education projects. The tasks include in detail:
- Preparation of content and organisation, implementation and evaluation of events and educational trips, including budgetary oversight;
- Conception and implementation of multilingual publication projects;
- Cooperation with institutions, non-governmental organisations and other partners of the RLS Brussels Office;
- Independent project management including documentation, materials for public relations and budgetary oversight;
- Handling tendering procedures as well as negotiating and concluding funding agreements;
- Research activities as well as supervision of analyses and texts on focal and regional issues;
- Representation of RLS in different networking formats;
- Assumption of general office tasks.
You have a high level of commitment and a willingness to learn new things. You enjoy communicating with members of parliament, academics and activists from around the world.
- A post-secondary degree in the humanities or social sciences, comparable qualification or equivalent professional experience;
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the European Union, its actors and current policy debates, as well as strong interest in foreign and security policy developments;
- Professional experience with project management in non-profit, social movement, and government/institutional contexts;
- Very good knowledge of English and German, good knowledge of French;
- Experience in political education work and the ability to familiarise oneself quickly with new issues;
- Strong communication and organisational skills and ability to work in a team;
- A high level of familiarity with the common office software and a willingness to familiarize oneself with new software;
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends;
- Identification with the values and mission of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung;
- Familiarity with the political Left (parties, social movements, etc.);
- Knowledge of current left peace policy debates is desirable;
- Experience in internationally active organisations is desirable;
- Knowledge and practical experience with public tenders and procurements as well as experience with working with external service providers is desirable.
- A diversified field of activity with high potential for development;
- A challenging job in an international environment;
- Employment at the RLS Brussels Office under Belgian law;
- Full-time position with a weekly working time of 38 hours limited until 31/12/2025;
- Remuneration in line with local standards;
- 30 days' holiday per year and overtime pay plus weekend allowance.
Applications should be submitted in German or English. Please send a letter of motivation and your CV, stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date, by e-mail to the director Anna Schröder: [email protected]. Applications are due by 13/03/2023.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is committed to counteracting existing social disadvantages in the sense of affirmative action to prevent or compensate for existing discrimination. In this context, we expressly encourage women, people of colour, people with disabilities and/or with a migrant background to apply.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org