MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
Has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Works as a focal point between MG Syria Field Office and local partners on the ground.
- Accountable for the organization of reliable and cost-effective local procurement processes.
- Responsible for all Syria logistics and procurement documentation.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall success of all logistics and procurement processes.
- Responsible for supervising all purchase requests, quotations, invoices, receipts, goods received notes, and signed agreements, in coordination with the HQ Office.
- Supports MG Syria Field Office with regular planning of procurement, logistics, and stock management activities.
- Works with the program team to ensure that all logistics and procurement processes are followed during the projects’ implementation.
- Tracks and updates all logistics and procurement sheets per MG policies and procedures.
- Works on MoUs with governmental entities and local partners (other NGOs), and effectively track and organize all project documentation.
- Liaises with relevant national and international NGOs and governmental authorities aiming for coordination among the humanitarian actors to promote joint or collaborative activities.
- Obtains visas, permits, security clearances, customs clearances, and official registrations as needed.
- Arranges accommodation and transportation for staff members and volunteers.
- Develops and fosters relationships with the local communities, the ministry of health, and local and international organizations (i.e., OCHA, WHO, UN agencies, Health Cluster, Logistics Cluster, etc.).
- Translates, follows up, and obtains legal administrative documents related to the implementation of programs in collaboration with the Syria Country Representative and the HQ Office.
- Translates any logistics and procurement documents to English, if needed.
- Updates the HQ Office with the local security situation on a weekly basis.
- Keeps the requesting departments informed of the status of procurements and contracts regularly.
- Coordinates effectively with colleagues in the different departments and the HQ Office.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Syria Country Representative and the HQ Logistics and Procurement Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in procurement and logistics.
- University degree in business management, logistics, supply chain, procurement, or any other related field.
- Strong communication and language skills, including but not limited to proficient spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of social, political, and economic conditions in the country of operation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with the HQ Office, the Field Office, other international NGOs, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards, and relevant issues.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask amongst chores.
- Excellent team player, proactive, and able to work in a multicultural environment.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org