Under the authority of the Head of EU Representative Office, the Associate Manager is responsible for coordinating the Bank’s wide-ranging relations with the EU institutions and other related stakeholders in Brussels, with a particular focus on policy monitoring in selected areas, coordination of briefings, support for internal and external communications activities and other outreach tasks. The Associate Manager will also organise and support the engagement of senior EBRD management with the EU institutions and other stakeholders in Brussels.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Associate Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of EU Representative Office and will:
- Liaise with relevant EBRD departments to ensure appropriate information flow and coordination across different teams on the various strands of engagement;
- Establish and maintain relevant working-level contacts for relationship maintenance and information gathering with operational interlocutors within and around the EU institutions, notably with other relevant financial institutions, Brussels-based think tanks, research institutes, foundations, and NGOs;
- Take a leading role in designing, preparing and delivering communication events and products, both for internal and external audiences, notably to improve the understanding of the Bank and increase EBRD visibility in and around the EU institutions, but also to foster better awareness and more effective engagement with the EU within the Bank. The Associate Manager is the main liaison of the Brussels office with the EBRD Communications department;
- Organise structured visits for senior EBRD officials to Brussels and for senior EU officials to EBRD HQ. Contribute to and help coordinate high quality briefings. Ensure follow up. Shared responsibility for logistical support for visits;
- Identify opportunities and organise representation of the Bank at the appropriate level in key EU events and policy discussions, including from the Brussels Office;
- Monitor and analyse institutional, policy and operational developments in the EU institutions in a number of agreed areas of relevance to the Bank’s policies, operations and countries of operation. Inform relevant colleagues and act as a resource on selected EU policies and institutions across the Bank. Support colleagues in ensuring an effective EBRD response.
- Support internal reflection, new ideas, prepare papers and contribute to work on identification of opportunities to deepen and strengthen the Bank’s engagement with the EU institutions;
- Support the Head of Office as needed to represent the Bank at working level in discussions with the EU institutions, accurately representing the Bank’s mandate, operations, areas of comparative advantage and complementarity, and engagement/collaboration with the EU institutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A degree from a leading university and a post-graduate degree in a relevant field, such as finance, economics, international relations, international development, etc.
- 3- 5 years of relevant professional work experience, preferably in a multilateral development organisation or international finance institution or similar.
- Strong working familiarity with both EU institutions and EU policy-making processes, and good knowledge of EU external relations policies.
- Familiarity with EBRD’s region of operations an advantage
- Experience in designing and organising communication events. Evidence of strong communications (written and verbal) and coordination skills.
- Strong policy research and analytical skills, and an ability to convey complex messages succinctly and clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong partnership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to juggle a large number of tasks.
- Good working level of French.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org