The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) is seeking to fill a new position for a Global Public Policy Analyst to support the Public Policy Department.
The post is available immediately, a full-time position, remotely based in Belgium and preferably near Brussels as in-person attendance at our premises will be required occasionally.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
ESMO is a Member-based Society for medical oncology professionals operating in the non-for-profit sector. The Society currently has over 28,000 members and attendance at the many international face to face and virtual events the Society organises ranges from 200 to 30,000 participants.
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC POLICY
MISSION OF THE POSITION
Support the ESMO Director of Public Policy and wider Public Policy Team by engaging with the WHO, UN and related global level institutions to help shape policies and legislation related to the practice and profession of medical oncology.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with implementing the objectives of the ESMO Public Policy Committee, among others;
- Provide research, analysis and draft responses to relevant policy issues;
- Draft, review and copyedit manuscripts;
- Track, monitor and analyse relevant legislation & policy at global and national levels;
- Draft, implement and manage project and communication plans;
- Attend meetings and produce reports as necessary;
- Organize and run meetings (internal and external);
- Liaise with committee members and external stakeholders;
- Administrative and other miscellaneous duties as required.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Basic training and specialization: educated to Master’s level in policy – health policy preferred but not essential, international affairs, politics, international/European law, or another relevant subject;
- Required professional experience: a minimum of 5 years working in the global public policy sector is essential, health policy experience is highly desirable but non-essential.
- Technical and professional skills: mastery of the full suite of Microsoft Office Tools is essential, excellent written communications skills, efficient remote working skills, experience in formal stakeholder communication and in social media content creation and channel management is highly desirable;
- Language skills:C2 level in written and spoken English is essential, C1 – C2 level in other official UN languages is desirable.
Personal, social and managerial skills:
- Managerial skills: Organising; Planning, Self-Organisation, Decision Making, Time Management;
- Social and interpersonal skills: Initiative, team-work, cultural/social sensitivity, Persuasiveness;
- Critical & analytical skills: Report Writing, Synthesis, Analysis; Report Writing, Ability to spot problems, opportunities and threats.
We look forward to receiving your application: CV and a cover letter (documents submitted in English) at the address: [email protected].
If you want to discover more about ESMO take another look at our website www.esmo.org.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org