In a context of mission opening, you are responsible for the implementation of the security pack and the monitoring/control of the safety and security of people, goods and MdM’s programs. You are the guarantor of the good practice of MdM policy on the subject.
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Carry out a thorough analysis of the security situation in the current and potential areas of intervention and provide to the general coordinator valuable information and recommendations;
- Support the general coordinator on crisis management and decision-making process and centralize mission incident reports;
- Develop and finalize a full security pack, including security plan, contingency plan and SOPs, and supervise its implementation;
- Create detailed maps of the intervention areas with security specifications;
- Work with the logistics department on defining the needs, installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment;
- Ensure full safety and security briefings and debriefings to team members and visitors;
- Recruit and manage team members under your line management;
- Identify safety and security training needs for teams members, conduct trainings and capacity building actions;
- Network and liaise with INSO, HAG, NGOs, authorities and other key stakeholders on security, to improve security monitoring and analysis.
- Relevant university degree;
- Similar experience or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with international NGOs in high-risk humanitarian contexts (operational, logistical or security position);
- Study//training in security management is an asset (i.e.: HEAT training);
- Knowledge and mastery of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions;
- Knowledge and mastery of telecommunications rules and tools, vehicle management and building security;
- Identify, analyze, and describe a security context and events and rationalize security rules;
- Guide people when security incidents occurred;
- Excellent knwoledge of Microsoft Office 365, sharePoint/cloud systems, ArcGIS QGIS or any other mapping tool;
- VHF radio system setup and training of users;
- Languages: English is mandatory (written/spoken), knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian is a strong asset;
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org