- The Strategy, Innovation, and Learning Associate Director (SIL AD) is responsible for the design and implementation of The Carter Center's Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) requirements through the project cycle, under the technical supervision and guidance of the SIL Director, including the implementation of an organization-wide project performance information management system.
- Works closely with program teams providing guidance and technical support for the implementation of MEL requirements and system adoption.
- Advises on other initiatives managed under the SIL to include the implementation of the strategic plan, the innovation hub, and the project approval process.
- May supervise staff, interns, and consultants conducting specialized monitoring and evaluation initiatives.
- Due to the travel requirement, Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) will be required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A master's degree in social research, evaluation, measurement, statistics, demography, public policy, economics, or another relevant field, and seven years of monitoring, evaluation, and learning experience in international development or humanitarian assistance, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Graduate degree on evaluation with demonstrated expertise in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Previous experience implementing agency-wide MEL initiatives, preferably a project performance management system.
- Experience with international organizations and federal grant/contract MEL requirements.
- PMD Pro, PMP, or PRINCE certifications is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish, French, or Arabic is a plus.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to The Carter Center on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines. The Carter Center reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. The Carter Center requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org