Under general supervision, this Security Specialist position is responsible for implementing RAND security policies and procedures related to information, personnel, physical security, and safety. The position will report to the site Manager, Security Administration out of our Washington D.C. office in Arlington, VA.
- Resolve Security Helpdesk incidents, Segue tasks, and other requests from staff.
- Implement and adhere to established security procedures.
- Assist with the administration of the RAND Emergency Management Notification System, Business Continuity, and Emergency Response Plans/Exercises
- Coordination with all staff, visitors, vendors, and contractor to process and verify visits.
- Prepare and process Common Access Cards, staff security clearances, and badges.
- Processing of new hire staff and separations including briefings for staff with security clearances
- Travel to other RAND offices to assist with inspections and security operations.
- Accumulate and maintain monthly metrics and statistics.
- Perform periodic security self-inspections.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience with and knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Rule 32 CFR 117 and DoD security rules and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Experience with the Defense Information System for Security or current system preferred.
- Experience with Intelligence Community Directives preferred.
- AS/AA degree is required.
- BS/BA degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience required.
- 6 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Must possess and maintain at least a Secret U.S. government security clearance, or if U.S. government security clearance is no longer active, must have possessed at least a Secret U.S. government security clearance within the past 24 months.
- Possession of Top-Secret U.S. government security clearance is preferred.
$49,900 - $72,300
RAND considers a variety of factors when formulating an offer, including but not limited to, the specific role and associated responsibilities; a candidate’s work experience, education/training, skills, expertise; and internal equity. This position is overtime eligible. In addition, RAND provides strong benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, paid time-off and more.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org