Feel like getting up each morning and engaging with an audience that runs in the millions? Does the idea of being the social media gatekeeper for one of the world’s most impactful NGOs excite you?
The Digital Team at Human Rights Watch (HRW) is looking for someone to take our success as one of the world’s most influential NGOs to the next level on social media. HRW boasts one of the largest social media followings of any NGO, with more than 14 million followers across dozens of accounts in multiple languages. We are looking for someone to develop and execute strategies to ensure continued growth on our platforms and increase the engagement with our audience. Social media is a critical channel for HRW, reaching core targets, millions of people and helping frame the global daily news conversation around human rights. While embedded in the Digital team, the Social Media Manager would work closely with members of the wider Media department, as well as collaborate with staff across the organization to ensure our social channels are supporting the work of the organization.
While multiple locations will be considered for this full-time position, the successful candidate will be located in Africa, Asia, Europe, or Middle East time zones. The Social Media Manager would report to the Deputy Digital Director based in San Francisco. The successful candidate may have the option to work remotely. We aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position.
1. Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily on HRW English language social channels with an emphasis on video and audio products;
2. Manage and grow social media audiences; run live events such as Twitter Spaces
3. Support, train and advise HRW staff on social media best practices and strategies;
4. Generate, distribute and refine regular data reports on HRW social media performance;
5. Help maintain collaborative HRW culture with a positive attitude;
6. Be engrossed by things HRW staff are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about all things human rights related on social; engage with staff to generate content;
7. Actively monitor social media for breaking news and trending topic opportunities;
8. Monitor current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications; lead organization in developing new platforms and tools;
9. Focus on leveraging ongoing content relationships that drive diverse new audiences to HRW properties;
10. Regularly test new content and message formats on social media in growth hacking experiments;
11. Be internal expert on marketing and audience development industry standards, best practices, benchmarks and insights;
12. Track ROI on all channels; and
13. Perform other tasks as required.
Education: A level of education that when combined with your professional experience will adequately show you have the capability to contribute meaningfully to HRW’s social media efforts.
Experience: At least five (5) years of full-time experience in social media marketing, audience development, content partnerships in digital media, publishing, politics, or nonprofit marketing.
Related Skills and Experience
1. A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and what sorts of content best engages audiences on these platforms is required.
2. Demonstrated ability in growing social media channels is required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Fluency in an additional language is desirable.
4. Experience with an enterprise level social media platform, specifically Sprout Social, is required.
5. Experience executing a social media influencer campaign is required.
6. Understanding of social media analytics and reporting and the ability to communicate actionable insights to non-experts are required.
7. A track record for conveying and packaging impactful content for social media is required.
8. Strong client/ external partner management experience with exceptional presentation skills is required.
9. Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally is required.
10. Experience working closely with content teams is required.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits. HRW offers a relocation assistance package and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization, if required; citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org