First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry's toughest problems.
We hope you'll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
We are seeking a Government Affairs Analyst to support activities across our global engagement with government. Help us work collaboratively with government-related entities to decarbonize heavy industry in the US and around the world. Come be a part of this mission and build a better future for people and planet.
- Support the Government Affairs team in creating a robust network of government-related stakeholders across First Mode's jurisdictions of interest. This includes entities at the local, state, and federal levels in the United States, in addition to a similar cross section of entities in Australia, Canada, Chile, and other areas of First Mode operations. Support the Government Affairs team in activating these stakeholders toward company objectives.
- Maintain situational awareness of the government and policy landscape. Identify areas where company action can mitigate risks or create opportunities and support the execution of subsequent engagement campaigns.
- Support the development and execution of government facing company initiatives.
- Support First Mode's engagement with relevant industry associations.
- Support the identification and pursuit of relevant government funding opportunities.
- Support the development of regulatory strategy and risk mitigation efforts to support capital project development, product deployment, and other areas of company operations.
- Identify government trends related to business, technology, sustainability, and other areas. Advise on how the company should cultivate its own positions to support the development of thought leadership campaigns.
- Collaborate with proximal teams such as Business Development and Marketing & Communications to achieve shared objectives.
- Represent the company in stakeholder meetings, at events, and in other settings.
- Support the Government Affairs team's data management, reporting, and other coordination needs.
- 1-2 years of government or government-adjacent experience
- Previous experience working in government or a relevant private sector role
- Previous experience in government stakeholder engagement, federal agencies, policymaking and legislative activities, government-related business development, and/or international relations
- Previous experience in the mining, clean energy, heavy industry, or other related fields
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly and converse effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Impeccable writing skills and an ability to communicate information to diverse audiences
- Willingness to travel within the United States and internationally
- This position will be located at First Mode's headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $73,950 - $118,450
Government Affairs Analyst I: $80,910 - $93,525
Government Affairs Analyst II: $95,790 - $110,725
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org