The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias, using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader in combating antisemitism, countering extremism and battling bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.
The Divisional Vice President (DVP) is a senior leadership role responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for the regions within their assigned division and for overseeing the division’s programs, fundraising, and community relations. The DVP will lead a team of divisional and regional staff, develop relationships with stakeholders, promote the mission of ADL, and ensure impact. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in program management, fundraising, staff development, and community engagement.
- Strategic Leadership:
- Develop and implement strategies to advance the mission of ADL within the division and regions.
- Provide guidance and direction to divisional and regional staff in the planning and execution of programs and initiatives.
- Lead the development and operationalization of strategies to enhance program outcomes and organizational growth.
- Fundraising and Development:
- In partnership with subject matter experts, lead divisional and regional fundraising efforts by setting fundraising goals, developing fundraising strategies, and cultivating donor relationships.
- Personally solicit major donors and maintain strong relationships with funders.
- Secure grants and other sources of funding. Collaborate with ADL Development teams to prepare proposals.
- Assist with ongoing donor stewardship, design and execute fundraising events, programs, and campaigns.
- Program Management:
- Strategize and oversee the implementation of ADL's programs and policies tailored to local community needs and issues.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs and services to the community.
- Community Engagement and Relations:
- Represent ADL in the community, media, and with public officials, advocating for the organization's mission and values.
- Develop and implement community outreach initiatives and joint ventures with diverse organizations within the region.
- Participate in government affairs activities and advocate for ADL's issues at the state and local levels.
- Network, establish and maintain partnerships with industry, academia, civil society organizations, government officials, law enforcement, religious leaders, and other key stakeholders/influencers.
- Team Management and Development:
- Own the development and growth of diverse talent on the team by directing challenging assignments, making space for creativity, and ensuring supportive mentoring and coaching.
- Build a collaborative and high-performing team.
- Manage education and talent programming based on regional and national priorities.
- Personally embrace and advance ADL’s DEI initiatives.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise regional teams, setting performance standards and providing ongoing feedback.
- Establish and embrace systems for training and development to enhance the skills and capabilities of the team.
- Engage and work with volunteer leadership, providing guidance and training opportunities.
- Media and Public Relations:
- Respond to inquiries from the press and the public, demonstrating expertise in ADL's policies and positions.
- Monitor media reports and opinion articles and respond with press releases and opinion pieces in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Deliver speeches and presentations to raise public awareness of ADL's mission and initiatives.
- Budget and Operations:
- Establish and monitor the regional operating budget, ensuring financial accountability.
- Oversee the management of physical office space/lease in coordination with National Staff.
- Effective leadership and management skills. Able to bring out the best in others. Able to build and manage a distributed team across time zones. Ability to prioritize and focus.
- Exemplary ability to communicate with experts and senior-level leaders, both within ADL and externally. Highly effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to engage with private foundations and donors to raise philanthropic funds to support the agency.
- Ability to represent complex and diverse issues in an articulate and compelling manner.
- Excel at building personal and professional contacts and coalitions.
- Proven diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities.
- The ideal candidate can demonstrate significant years of experience leading a large, multifaceted team in a distributed organization, including leadership roles in community relations or community service organizations or other relevant business.
- Proven success in program development, fundraising, staff management, and volunteer relations.
- A strong connection to ADL’s mission and work.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and represent ADL within the Division and at times, across the US.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably a graduate degree, in applicable field, plus additional related courses or professional training or equivalent work experience.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated periodically): ADL is adhering to public health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a hybrid environment; this role may require 3 days in the office.
- This position has a salary range of 200,000 to $245,000. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Houston, Texas. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org