The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations specialized agency for health. WHO is seeking applications for membership positions on its Independent Expert Oversight Advisory Committee (IEOAC).
- The primary purpose of the IEOAC is to provide expert advice to the senior leadership of WHO (including the Director General) on financial and accounting policy, risk management and the effectiveness of internal controls and oversight mechanisms within WHO.
- Applicants should have relevant professional financial/audit qualifications and recent senior-level experience at board level with multilateral organisations or other complex multi-nationals in accounting, audit, evaluation, ethics, financial management, risk management and other relevant and administrative matters.
- Service on the Committee is without compensation, except for travel and per-diem expenses.
- Members are expected to attend an average of three sessions each year.
- Applicants must be independent, including from the WHO Secretariat and the Executive Board. Once appointed by the Executive Board, they shall serve in their personal capacity and shall neither seek nor accept instructions from any Government or other authority. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit a confidential declaration of conflict of interest to WHO to disclose any relevant business interests, positions of authority or other connections with organizations relevant to the work of WHO.
- The selection of the successful candidates will be carried out ensuring due attention to gender as well as geographical balance.
- Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by email to [email protected] containing the following information: a curriculum vitae not exceeding four pages, including a brief statement of not more than 250 words on what they consider their membership would contribute to the Committee. Further information on WHO and the IEOAC’s full terms of reference can be found on the following website: Report of the Programme, Budget and Administration Committee of the Executive Board (who.int)
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org